You cannot overstate the importance of Nolen out there tonight...

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
I don't care about his stat line; Al Nolen was ridiculous out there tonight...the passing, the loose balls, the defense, IMO this was his best game since the Louisville game 2 years ago.

I know he's had his detractors on here, but you cannot do anything but give him major props for his play tonight. If you had substituted Joseph in there for Nolen tonight, I don't think we would've won that game. Getting to loose balls, breaking the press, etc. that was Al Nolen at his finest.

His three pointer after NC brought the game within 3 was huge tonight. I agree great game by Nolen.

Totally agree

Gritty loose balls, tough rebounds, steals. He was all over the place. Toughness is not a stat, but it sure is important.

I don't care about his stat line; Al Nolen was ridiculous out there tonight...the passing, the loose balls, the defense, IMO this was his best game since the Louisville game 2 years ago.

I know he's had his detractors on here, but you cannot do anything but give him major props for his play tonight. If you had substituted Joseph in there for Nolen tonight, I don't think we would've won that game. Getting to loose balls, breaking the press, etc. that was Al Nolen at his finest.

Really reminded me of Louisville. He was a major factor. NC could not stay with him.

It really was nice to have two seniors handling the ball at the end of the game

He was great and the #1 reason we won that game. Blake Hoffarber has quietly been one of the better shooting guards around so far also. These 2 looked to have finally grown into their own.

+1 Completely agree with this.

Really reminded me of Louisville. He was a major factor. NC could not stay with him.

Totally agree. He handled a *ton* of pressure and played a very controlled, smart basketball game to go along with his impressive quickness and very, very tough D.

Totally agree. He handled a *ton* of pressure and played a very controlled, smart basketball game to go along with his impressive quickness and very, very tough D.

jake, i thought you said hoff was the 'stopper'? make up your mind

Al

Al was great! This reminded me of the game he played against Louisville. Al handled the ball great. He was tough and tenacious.

jake, i thought you said hoff was the 'stopper'? make up your mind

dboy, I thought you said you were gonna shut up for a couple of months. Make up your mind.

Eric Harris came to the U and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean as a Freshman. By the time he was a SR he had developed a decent jumpshot to go along with his defense and ball distribution. If he hadn't gotten hurt, who knows what would've happened in the Final 4 in a now vacated season. If Al can do the same with this team and Devoe comes back, this team could be special...and do their own homework. :)

Eric Harris came to the U and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean as a Freshman. By the time he was a SR he had developed a decent jumpshot to go along with his defense and ball distribution. If he hadn't gotten hurt, who knows what would've happened in the Final 4 in a now vacated season. If Al can do the same with this team and Devoe comes back, this team could be special...and do their own homework. :)

Has Tubby gotten a restraining order on Jan Ganglehoff?

His defense, ball handling, and control of the offense are extremely impressive. Don't forget about last year's game when we dumped OSU at home. His harrassment of Turner was a site to behold. Turner was crying to the officials all game about it.

Top Bottom