Scheduling

book

Reaction score
Bravo to the football people for scheduling S. California! I would hope that the bb people would most certainly be able to scedule at least 2 BC teams for non-conference games each year! And does the hockey team really need to get Bemidji State in - how about some bigger schools like Mich and mSU and Notre Dame?

Agreed...but does anyone know if the schedule is already set for next year?

Bravo to the football people for scheduling S. California! I would hope that the bb people would most certainly be able to scedule at least 2 BC teams for non-conference games each year! And does the hockey team really need to get Bemidji State in - how about some bigger schools like Mich and mSU and Notre Dame?

the Hockey team already play Michigan and Michigan State every year, during Thanksgiving.

2009-10 schedule

Nonconference schedules typically aren't released until early to mid August. We'll hear bits & pieces about it throughout the summer. Final schedule (with Big 10 games) not released until late August or early September.

And does the hockey team really need to get Bemidji State in - how about some bigger schools like Mich and mSU and Notre Dame?

Michigan and Michigan State every year in the College Hockey Showcase
Series with New Hampshire earlier this year
Boston College in last year's Dodge Holiday Classic (but for an inexplicable loss to RIT)
Opening Boston University's new arena a couple years ago.
Maine in the HOF game two years ago.

Criticize Mason's non-conf football schedules and Tubby's schedule this year all you want, but you completely lose me when criticizing the hockey program' non-conf games when they already are everybody's target in the toughest hockey conference in the country.

Nonconference schedules typically aren't finalized until early to mid August. We'll hear bits & pieces about it throughout the summer. Final schedule (with Big 10 games) not released until late August or early September.

I was told last weekend that 2009-10 schedule is set (in terms of who Gophers will play, not exact dates).

FOT, Who are some of the teams Gophs are playing. ...

other than the Anaheim Classic? Have a hard time believing the schedule is already set, especially considering Esposito's inability to even find a third D-I team for the tourney we hosted this year. Pretty sure they don't have pairings already determined for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Hockey Scheduling

I believe the WCHA has some kind of scheduling agreement with Bemidji's conference that rotates Bemidji State & their other conference teams into the WCHA schedules. Bemidji State is D1 in hockey and their conference is struggling. They may be applying for entry into the WCHA in the near future. I'm sure there are some hockey people out there who know much more about this than I.

Like Year of the Gopher said, leave the hockey program out of it. They consistently have one of the toughest schedules in all of college hockey. I can't remember a season that they were not in the top 5 (although being in the WCHA helps).

Also, left off of his list was Northeastern this year. They were ranked either 6 or 8 when we played them.

There also was an opening weekend tourney at the Xcel Energy Center last year. BC, Michigan, and somebody else where in it (Miami of Ohio???). Michigan beat BC and we beat our opponent and then lost to Michigan. That is the game that Stoa hurt his knee.

other than the Anaheim Classic? Have a hard time believing the schedule is already set, especially considering Esposito's inability to even find a third D-I team for the tourney we hosted this year. Pretty sure they don't have pairings already determined for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

He didn't say, just that the schedule is set. Working on 10-11 season now.

There also was an opening weekend tourney at the Xcel Energy Center last year. BC, Michigan, and somebody else where in it (Miami of Ohio???). Michigan beat BC and we beat our opponent and then lost to Michigan. That is the game that Stoa hurt his knee.

If I remember correctly the other team was RIT, and we barely beat them, and went on to beat Michigan.

If I remember correctly the other team was RIT, and we barely beat them, and went on to beat Michigan.

Close...RPI. It's the RPI Icebreaker tournament and they move it around (not sure if they do it every year or not) to different venues. RIT is the team we lost to in the Dodge Holiday Classic last year.

But enough hockey talk, I'm hoping we end up with a couple top notch non-conf hoops games next year.

Top Bottom