new board! me scared!

• Thread starter bronkonagurskigopher
  • Start date

okay. i got over that quickly. love the new board!

nice call by the gopherhole admins on making the switch. love the new format & tools/options available!

Glad you like it - Here's a tip I just learned - if you want it to be the threaded view like we used to have, click on "Display Modes" and choose "Hybrid Mode" - I like to see who people are replying to!

Glad you like it - Here's a tip I just learned - if you want it to be the threaded view like we used to have, click on "Display Modes" and choose "Hybrid Mode" - I like to see who people are replying to!

nice call. i like the hybrid view as well. funny thing happened to me that i just realized a couple minutes ago!

when i first came onto the new board to register with the one-time password i was given by the admins it didn't work/wasn't recognizing me, so i just started anew. was kind of bummed at first because i thought i had lost my post count from the old board, etc. what i didn't realize is it was because i didn't put any spaces between "Bronko Nagurski Gopher" (i.e. that is how the admins registered my user name verbatim for the new board) and i was just typing "bronkonagurskigopher" (no spaces & all lower-case).

so alas my short run (a whole 20 minutes) on the new board as "bronkonagurskigopher" (no spaces, all lower-case) has come to an end. going forward and forever more i will once again be my old self (Bronko Nagurski Gopher). i am sure you were all very, very concerned! :rolleyes:

i promise i am not really this dumb in real life....well maybe sometimes

Good to have you back! That was a nervous 20 minutes! :D

Embrace Change!

thanks for the tip, GL.

I like this board as well ... I used to participate on several boards that used this platform and they always seemed a bit more user-friendly.

I particularly like the new spell-checkers that automatically correct the spelling for Nolen, Hoffarber, Sampson, etc. ;)

Your friend,

MNSnowman

I'm a reasonably good speller to begin with, but Firefox also has a built-in spell checker. Firefox > Internet Explorer

I have an Apple iBook so IE isn't a real option anyway. I've been using Firefox for a long time as it's also > Safari (IMO).

Holy Baloney, I thought I was lost there for a minute!!!:eek:

Anyway, good to see everybody has made the switch. Time to engage in some more interesting chatter!!!:D

Is there a way to see the replies on the main list?

I see how at the top of say this thread I can browse who replied. Any way to see that on the main Brew's Crew Football Forum?

I changed the view to Hybrid in my settings/options. It didn't help.

Thanks,

GM

I like the look and feel of the board. I just need to fix this one thing.

I had to register anew and I never got a temp password and I'm actually kind of pissed I lost my post count. Is there any way to fix this?

I had to register anew and I never got a temp password and I'm actually kind of pissed I lost my post count. Is there any way to fix this?

Yes, we can update your post count. Give us a day or two to get through all of the new memebers.

Yes, we can update your post count. Give us a day or two to get through all of the new memebers.

If you could update my postcount as well-that would be swell. I feel like I get more respect with a high post count!!:)

Post total request

It would be swell to get my old total back, but it would be even more swell to force G4L to start over.

Can you update my count as well? I don't want to be shot down with one of those, "What do you know, Mr. 5 posts?"

Love the new boards. I'm on another vBulletin forum, and it's the best. Certainly will kick Yuku's butt.

I'm pretty sure you don't even need to ask to have your post count updated, they will just do it for you.

Of course if that is completely wrong, then yeah I'd like mine updated too please!

I have an Apple iBook so IE isn't a real option anyway. I've been using Firefox for a long time as it's also > Safari (IMO).
Have you tried Safari 3.2? I actually like it much better than FF3 on my new Macbook Pro (if you need all the extensions and plug-ins stick with FF3, but otherwise, give the new Safari a shot).

Great tip

Makes it easier to pick which topics to read!

Hey Lady -
I sent you an e-mail (I think!!)
How do I get my number of posts back and why am I a jr. member (Busting my ego!!)?
Help??

HELP!

:mad:Display Mode where is it. I have tried quick links, user CP, forum tools and I cannot get out of this posting format. Hybrid sound like the deal and if anyone can point out how to get to the display mode I thank you in advance.:mad:

Husker, after you click on a thread, the display mode is on the very top of the thread along the right hand side.

Top Bottom