Ah Youth - Part 2

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Was I mistaken or was the student section calling the injured Purdue player a wussy/pussy right after the intentional foul last night? I hope I heard incorrectly.

I'm not here to comment on the chant specifically, though I will say a student section is a student section. Do you think this chant was better or worse than the hockey chant of "Shoot 'im like a horse" often spewed at injured opponents?

My question is, what kind of injury was it? The game had to stop for several minutes to get this kid off the court, only to have him back in the game no more than five (real, not game) minutes later. He was holding his arm when he left, but someone near me said they think he took one off the ol' Charlie Browns. Anyone know for sure?

The pussy chant was dumb along with the USA chant. With that said, it is a student section, so I don't have expectations of class. He definitely took a knee to the jewels.

I don't have an expectation of class either, just creativity. With that we fail horribly. Our students haven't had a creative chant all year. They are lucky the left right left right chant was passed down to them.

I must say I thought I was at a European soccer match the way the kid was helped off like his arm needed to be amputated, only to be back in the game at then next dead ball.

Oh stop...

First of all its the student section, they aren't at the game to spew class to the opponent. It maybe wasn't the nicest chant, but it was barely offensive. I was thinking the same as them. It was Kramer, right? The guy is built like a strong safety and plays (quality) basketball like a strong safety, too. He is the one that got called for the foul yet he spends a minute on the floor grabbing his arm. It wasn't a spinal injury and you are supposed to be their toughest player. You're going to get heckled when you hobble around grabbing your arm like that in an away game.

No need to be all condescending to the student section on this one.

I don't have an expectation of class either, just creativity. With that we fail horribly. Our students haven't had a creative chant all year. They are lucky the left right left right chant was passed down to them.

During the Cornell game, they chanted "t-shirt, t-shirt" to that big lanky guy wearing the size 5XL t shirt. That was fairly creative.

During the Northwestern away game they chanted "where's your students" to the crowd of 12 people.

Also..the left right chant isn't a right of passage or exactly a creative cheer of the alumni. Every school does it. Wisconsin did it when Nolen fouled out.

Speaking of the student section: Very amusing was the "man in green". It appeared from across the arena that he might have been a little short on undergarments........

Every student section is offensive. I go to Kansas for grad school and our football chant after kickoffs is "rip his f*cking head off." Our gigantic coach asked us to stop, and it still happens. You can't expect a student section to be anything but offensive and loud. It's still better than Wisconsin's "F*ck you" "eat sh*t"

My expectations are likely too high...

But for a board that lauds Tubby's class and integrity, I am surprised to hear such support for this classless act. That said, it is the student section...I shouldn't expect much more.

Tubby's job is to instill class and integrity in his BB Team. If you are, or ever have been, a member of a student section at a home game, I will direct this quote to you. My late Father, God rest his soul, taught me this....and I quote: "Have all the fun you want within these rules....Do NOT HURT anyone, and do NOT cause any damage." Sage advice from a wonderful MAN.

Top Bottom