Big Difference between Gophers and Purdue

Gold Rush

Reaction score
Purdue really did a great job of passing the ball and eventually finding someone for either a wide open shot from the outside or easy bucket underneath. The Gophers were undisciplined and took many bad shots, almost all of which were pretty well contested.

Purdue deserved to win, but I felt the Gophers could have won that game if they worked a little harder as a team rather than a collection of individuals. They need to work to get someone open for a shot instead of trying to do it all on their own. Bobby Knight showed time after time how the Gophers did not show patience into setting up a play and their poor shot selection and shooting percentage reflects that.

I look for a lot more losses this season unless they can start working together. The Gophers just faced two teams in a row that ran clinics on them how 5 teammates beat 5 individuals. We are better than this.....

Purdue had 5 people out there? I thought Moore beat us all by himself.

I think we have made a nice jump in our athleticism this year but it sure appeared to me that Purdue was the quicker more athletic team almost across the board.

Purdue really did a great job of passing the ball and eventually finding someone for either a wide open shot from the outside or easy bucket underneath. The Gophers were undisciplined and took many bad shots, almost all of which were pretty well contested.

Purdue deserved to win, but I felt the Gophers could have won that game if they worked a little harder as a team rather than a collection of individuals. They need to work to get someone open for a shot instead of trying to do it all on their own. Bobby Knight showed time after time how the Gophers did not show patience into setting up a play and their poor shot selection and shooting percentage reflects that.

I look for a lot more losses this season unless they can start working together. The Gophers just faced two teams in a row that ran clinics on them how 5 teammates beat 5 individuals. We are better than this.....

Hard to W shooting 27% FG and 18% on 3-pt FG (or numbers like that).

IMO...Ralph and Colt are "thinking" too much. The delay in their play allows the defense to collapse on them and get in the outlet passing lanes. With their indecision comes a reluctance to give them the ball. Passes to the post were few in the last two games. We're not playing 5 on 5 and not drawing defenses in to get better looks from the perimeter. They can do it in practice but not under game pressures. Chalk all that up to youth and inexperience playing together. Ralph and Colt are big keys until the 3 point shooters start hitting and allow Carter and Johnson to work inside.

Great teams have a player who can create offense when their team needs it. Nolan has tried to be that guy. In the future it could be Devoe or Ralph. I am excited about what Royce will bring in that regard. I think Tubby would love to have that role filled some day by Harrison Barnes.

I'd like to blame our loss on YOUTH and athleticsm but Purdue is as young as the Gophers are. My take is that they are more athletic and just plain better basketball players. Simple.

It starts with who has the ball. Nolen and Westbrook both had about a 9,000 to 1 dribble to pass ratio.- - Pass the ball.

With the line-up of a frosh center, Carter, DJ, West and Nolen there is not much of an outsided scoring threat other than Westbrook. The best 3pt shooters at the present with Hoff in his slump are probably Joseph(I like his shot) and Bostick. Time to use Joseph more at the 2 spot.

Top Bottom