Woman soccer team

gophersfan

Reaction score
Congrat to our soccer team for making the NCAA tourney. They open up tourney play hosting Creighton at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium.

Let's hope the snow stays away...

Gophers beat #4 seed Texas A&M 2-0! Onto the Sweet 16!

Will next play Georgetown who upset #1 seed Maryland 1-1 (3-2 PK).

Sweet...great job, ladies! Now go out and bicycle-kick the Hoyas!

Where do they play their next round game against Georgetown?

The sweet 16 and elite 8 rounds of NCAA soccer are split up by a week. So the Ohio State-Virginia game will be in a different city (Charlottesville.)

Normally Georgetown would host as they have the better RPI. However, it appears as though they didn't apply to host, so it will be played in St. Paul.

Hopefully the Athletic Dept can get the word out quickly and they can get a big crowd! Georgetown is definitely beatable.

Based on the interview on Gophersports.com with coach Denney-Wright, Katie Bethke and Kylie Kallman, it sounds like they'll be hosting Georgetown, which is a sweet deal for the ladies. Hopefully a big crowd will indeed show up and support the team! They certainly deserve the support. :D:D:D

This from Gophersports.com:

Minnesota's Sweet 16 matchup against Georgetown has officially been set for this Saturday at 1 p.m. (CDT) at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium in St. Paul.

The postseason matchup marks the first time the Gophers and Hoyas have met on the pitch. It will also be the second time in Minnesota history that the Gophers have advanced to the round of 16 along with a postseason run to the Sweet 16 in 2008.

I wish I could make it, I'm heading up to visit my parents on Friday. I would have taken my three year old to the same this past Sunday, but decided against it because of the weather. We should have some nice home field advantage, and the football team has a bye week, so the soccer game won't compete with football. Will the game be televised?

I wish I could make it, I'm heading up to visit my parents on Friday. I would have taken my three year old to the same this past Sunday, but decided against it because of the weather. We should have some nice home field advantage, and the football team has a bye week, so the soccer game won't compete with football. Will the game be televised?

Nope. no TV. there is a live video at Gophersports.com. but you have to pay for it.

Nope. no TV. there is a live video at Gophersports.com. but you have to pay for it.

Can you pay for it by itself, or do you have to sign up for Gold Zone? Not that it matters, I will be at my parents, and their DSL is as bad as dialup. Gold Zone has an audio-only tier and a video+audio tier, but their video tier doesn't seem to be worth anything, especially since the BTN had PPV games for games that weren't televised.

But there are so many games that aren't on TV and aren't on BTN PPV that could be carried by the Gold Zone. Surely you could find a couple students to cover the games.

Can you pay for it by itself, or do you have to sign up for Gold Zone? Not that it matters, I will be at my parents, and their DSL is as bad as dialup. Gold Zone has an audio-only tier and a video+audio tier, but their video tier doesn't seem to be worth anything, especially since the BTN had PPV games for games that weren't televised.

But there are so many games that aren't on TV and aren't on BTN PPV that could be carried by the Gold Zone. Surely you could find a couple students to cover the games.

You have to sign for the Gold zone. no option to pay for just 1 game.

The game is streaming on Gold Zone for free.

Schools can stream NCAA games on their website if they're not televised, but the NCAA owns the rights, so they cannot charge.

The U needs to get tech savvy. Goldy's Kids Club has been planning on setting up a web page for months. It should take a few minutes. And the video tier of Gold Zone is just about worthless.

Minnesota season is over. 1-0 loss to Georgetown.

Top Bottom