Relax people...it was just one of those games...

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (pun intended)....we had some open looks for 3, but just couldn't cash them in...if those shots go (like vs. PSU) the offense looks great. When they don't, things look ugly.

Personally, I love the was Al penetrates with the ball. I also love the shots he's taking. He must have missed 5-6 "bunnies" that rolled in and out. Some games, they fall, sometimes they don't. They were good shots.

We NEED Hoff to find his stroke. He really opens things up when he's hot. I can't believe how many of his shots are rolling around the rim and coming out. Keep shooting.

Finally, I hate the 2 bigs starting lineup. Let Carter start and rotate Iverson and Sampson. Fast starts are crucial to young teams, and you are rarely going to get a fast start with two 7 footers out there.

What do you mean it's one of "those" games? This has been going on for two or three years in a row now, every single time the gopher basketball /football team is ranked they lose the next game at home and let the fans down, stop with the homerism and just let reality out. Were just not that good right now, our only good win is louisville and we got 6 days off before that while louisville had to travel to arizona within 48 hours. I knew we would have bumps in the road like any other young team but WOW, I expect to beat a ranked team at home...

Good teams can win with a tough defense, rebounding, taking care of the ball and playing as a team. Even when the shots aren't falling. Its often called "winning ugly". Shooting well can mask a lot of weak areas and deficiencies.

By the way, sorry if I came out bad out of that. I was just extremely dissapointed with last nights game so I have been ranting for quite a bit now.

Finally, I hate the 2 bigs starting lineup. Let Carter start and rotate Iverson and Sampson. Fast starts are crucial to young teams, and you are rarely going to get a fast start with two 7 footers out there.

Completely agree about Carter getting the nod. Whether it's Colt or Ralph that starts, I'm not sure that it really matters. Personally speaking, I'd like to see Colt get the start and bring in Ralph off of the bench for extra scoring, etc. We need to start games quicker. Plain and simple. No more 8 points with 9 minutes remaining in the first half.

but WOW, I expect to beat a ranked team at home...

Exactly. Purdue is ranked 1st or 2nd in scoring defense in the COUNTRY. Not just the Big 10. So it surprises anyone that we wouldn't shoot well against them. It was more than one of " those " games. We were beat by a better team last night that was a preseason favorite to win the Big 10and looks like if Mich St. falters again that they just might.

Personally, I love the was Al penetrates with the ball. I also love the shots he's taking. He must have missed 5-6 "bunnies" that rolled in and out. Some games, they fall, sometimes they don't. They were good shots.

We NEED Hoff to find his stroke. He really opens things up when he's hot. I can't believe how many of his shots are rolling around the rim and coming out. Keep shooting.

Agreed about Al. I thought it was one of his best games in awhile. He did what he had to do, and thanks to Hightower, got to the line over and over. It drives me nuts that he can't finish though. Some of those short misses were not overly difficult. I assume he'll get better at making them eventually.

Agreed on Hoff. He has to score. When he's in, he needs to keep shooting. But it's gotten to the point where last night was the first time I was actually glad when he was not in the game. He didn't seem to have anything last night, unlike previously.

Totally and completely agree on the starting lineup. Try Carter please. And rotate the two big guys.

Top Bottom