3-19 vs 6-19

sec105

Reaction score
Bottom line is if we make three more 3's (6 -19 = 31%) we have a Barn burner game and everyone would be saying what a great game it was. Look at the Bucky game. If Johnson and Westbrook miss their 3's at the end of that game we lose and we all would have been bummed at how poorly we played.

As it is Tubby can no longer coach, we have no offensive threats and our defense is suspect yada yada yada...

Come on guys, Purdue is a great team. They played a marvelous game and we got beat by only 8 points. The sky is not falling. We are right where most people would have predicted us to be at the beginning of the season.

And there is a long way to go. Last night was a pretty darn good learning experience for our young Gophers. They saw what good defense looks like and what it can do. Now they have a clue. I bet we see significant improvement from here on out.

Right now, our three losses have come to possibly the two best BT teams and a team that nearly beat both of those two teams. It's not like we lost to Arkansas-Little Rock or something like that. These next games are likely to be tough though, as after Indiana, we have the Illini at home and then go to Columbus and East Lansing. But remember this year is all about learning. Learning to play together and as a team. We're not to the top of the mountain but we're getting closer.

I agree with you 105. Some days you shoot 9-9 and some days 3-19. It happens. It's a long season, and you have off nights shooting and on nights shooting. This off night happened to come right after a loss to Northwestern, so people act like the sky is falling. Obviously there is a lot to work on on the offensive side, but I'm not overly concerned.

It was really hard to watch 16 misses from 3. There were a few of them that really would have swung the momentum in our favor (especially one by Hoffarber when we had just made a stop). It seems like we got into a lit bit of a panic in the second half and started shooting three's too soon. I guess it was just disappointing that Sampson III and Iverson didn't get more touches down low.

Bottom line is if we make three more 3's (6 -19 = 31%) we have a Barn burner game and everyone would be saying what a great game it was. Look at the Bucky game. If Johnson and Westbrook miss their 3's at the end of that game we lose and we all would have been bummed at how poorly we played.

As it is Tubby can no longer coach, we have no offensive threats and our defense is suspect yada yada yada...

Come on guys, Purdue is a great team. They played a marvelous game and we got beat by only 8 points. The sky is not falling. We are right where most people would have predicted us to be at the beginning of the season.

And there is a long way to go. Last night was a pretty darn good learning experience for our young Gophers. They saw what good defense looks like and what it can do. Now they have a clue. I bet we see significant improvement from here on out.

LOL!! Bottom line is to score more points that the other team. What great insight!

The final score was not indicative of the outcome. Purdue dominated from start to finish and should've won by 15-20.

No shame in losing to a team like that although you need to protect your home floor. Avoiding bad losses is more important IMHO...

LOL! Thats not what he said. No one shot well last night. No one. Its unusual that no one can shoot. So we lost.
The final score is indicative of the game. Purdue dominated but we stayed close enough to make a two possession game several time with plenty of time to make a comeback if only someone had gotten even a lukewarm hand.
Bright spot: Nolen and Westbrook will be excused from freethrow practice!

We'll be fine and we'll make the tourney.

I think a lot of us aren't giving credit to Purdue's defense! They lead the nation in field goal defense. They were shutting down us in the passing lanes. Quite frankly, that's the best halfcourt defense I've seen from any team this season.

Top Bottom