WCCO Postgame

TruthTeller

Banned
Reaction score
I found it insightful that Nolen referred to the team not being ready to play multiple times in his interview.

How can you not be ready to play against one of the best in the Big 10? AT Home, no less.

By all means, let's bring Dan back from Long Beach State to be the master motivator. He's running roughshod over the Big West, let's admit our mistake and replace Tubby with our previous coach. When I think of "game preparation" by a college basketball coach, the name Dan Monson comes immediately to mind. Our program is in such shambles now compared to two years ago, I'm at wit's end.

By all means, let's bring Dan back from Long Beach State to be the master motivator. He's running roughshod over the Big West, let's admit our mistake and replace Tubby with our previous coach. When I think of "game preparation" by a college basketball coach, the name Dan Monson comes immediately to mind. Our program is in such shambles now compared to two years ago, I'm at wit's end.

SS- with all due respect, will we become the Kentucky board, such that everytime someone lays a criticism remotely related to Tubby we wash it away by bashing Monson? Truth Teller didn't mention Monson or even Tubby, unless I am missing some subtle byplay that has originated with past posts.

Tubby is a great coach, but last night he was unable to get his players to play a good brand of ball on the offensive side, for whatever reason. Purdue is better than us at this point but there is little excuse for the lack of any offensive scheme we showed last night.

Oh the hypocrisy of bga1. My oh my.

>>SS- with all due respect, will we become the Kentucky board, such that everytime someone lays a criticism remotely related to Tubby we wash it away by bashing Monson?<<

Do you even read your posts on the OT board? Any time someone lays a criticism remoately related to W, you wash it away by bashing O.

If only you lived up to your own hollier than thou standards.

Yes BGA, I realize Tubby isn't perfect. Only FOT thinks he walks on water. Myself? I wondered why we had Jamal, Travis, Colton and Blake all on the floor at the same time, albeit for a very short period of time. In addition, it's been pretty obvious I'm not on board with our nonconference schedule this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to have Tubby as our coach.

"Truth Teller didn't mention Monson or even Tubby."

You are correct, no he/she didn't. But I don't need to be hit over the head with a frying pan to interpret TT's intimation. It was clear as a bell, especially considering TT's history of taking subtle jabs at Tubby in defense of Dan. Yes, I take an occasional shot at Dan, and no I'm not proud of it, but let's not make this out like I'm G4L hammering Monson at every opportunity. In fact, I've mentioned the success he's having at Long Beach in my College Hoops Notebook on at least two occasions.

I agree, Purdue is definitely better than us at this point. I hope we get another shot at them in Indy, to see if we learned anything last night.

wondered why we had Jamal, Travis, Colton and Blake all on the floor at the same time, albeit for a very short period of time.

I didn't listen to CCO last night, although I really like what Zierden said after the Mich St. game and that's Tubby ( and Zierden ) as coaches would keep throwing players out there to find a combination that worked. We just couldn't find one last night that did.

Yes BGA, I realize Tubby isn't perfect. Only FOT thinks he walks on water. Myself? I wondered why we had Jamal, Travis, Colton and Blake all on the floor at the same time, albeit for a very short period of time. In addition, it's been pretty obvious I'm not on board with our nonconference schedule this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to have Tubby as our coach.

You are correct, no he/she didn't. But I don't need to be hit over the head with a frying pan to interpret TT's intimation. It was clear as a bell, especially considering TT's history of taking subtle jabs at Tubby in defense of Dan. Yes, I take an occasional shot at Dan, and no I'm not proud of it, but let's not make this out like I'm G4L hammering Monson at every opportunity. In fact, I've mentioned the success he's having at Long Beach in my College Hoops Notebook on at least two occasions.

I agree, Purdue is definitely better than us at this point. I hope we get another shot at them in Indy, to see if we learned anything last night.

Huh?

There was no shots at all. Observation.

Pretty touchy lot on this thread.

I found it insightful that Nolen referred to the team not being ready to play multiple times in his interview.

I'm not sure that was anything more than cliched speech. Time and time again when a team doesn't play well, a player will say "we weren't ready." I doubt the Gophers literally weren't ready last night. I'm guessing they had all the motivation they needed. It just so happened they played poorly and Purdue is good.

Just my opinion.

Sorry SS- I probably shouldn't have posted that. You were the wrong victim.

Top Bottom