Iverson and Sampson

march madness

Reaction score
Iverson and Sampson 4 for 7 tonight, the rest of the team is 12 for 51. I could ask 5th graders what that would tell you. But please stop playing them together. It only encourages Sampson to play away from the basket. He rarely makes that shot, and he never makes the high to low post pass. Start Iverson, the more physical center with Johnson and Carter at the forwards. Best defensive lineup and best rebounding lineup. Sub Sampson at the Center spot. Get the ball inside. You miss a pass to go inside, Pine Time for you.

I actually think if Sampson can get the ball near the basket he can be a threat. He's weak against double teams but at times he looks like a decent threat. It looks to me that our guys don't seem to want to pass it in there very often. Without any kind of an inside presence our offense will never get off the ground.

I noticed that Sampson takes ridiculous shots sometimes from out of his range but he is pretty good in the post. We need to feed the big men more, the jumpshots and wild 3 pointers are getting old.

I like Sampson when he's down low because he has the moves to get the ball in the bucket. I agree with starting just one of the two bigs and having the other come off the bench instead of starting both and then sending both to the bench for a break. I'm hoping we see a shorter rotation of players and more of a willingness to drive down low and dish to the bigs vs. Indiana before we start playing some real teams again.

Top Bottom