The Barn no longer an intimidating place for opponents

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
Unless your High Point, Georgia Southern, or Bowling Green, the Barn is no longer a tough venue for an opponent to win. How many games have they lost at home the past 5-6 years?? Heck, even Tubby can't beat anyone of significance at home. I wonder if it will put an end to all the cliches on BTN or ESPN about the Barn being "a hostile environment". Tubby needs a contract with Under Armour "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!"

It's tough to get anything going from a crowd perspective when we shoot like we did tonight. In my experience going to games at the barn the crowd feeds off made shots followed by pressure D. Tubby's got the pressure D going but we have not provided anything offensively to get the crowd going or to allow us to consistantly set up pressure.

Agreed UofM Fan, you could just tell the place was ready to explode when we had the deficit down to only 5 in the second half and couldn't make a bucket. Gotta give it to Purdue though, they really hit the clutch shots to kill the momentum.

Art that is dumb post. Of course the Barn is tough place to win. What happened tonight is that the Boilers came out and took the crowd out of it. The lay-out of the Barn is hostile to the oppenents. The fans are right on top of you.

And what is your idea on how to fix the the lack of a "hostile environment" build a new NBA style arena? Relax the Barn is one of the temples of college basketball.

Art that is dumb post. Of course the Barn is tough place to win. What happened tonight is that the Boilers came out and took the crowd out of it. The lay-out of the Barn is hostile to the oppenents. The fans are right on top of you.

And what is your idea on how to fix the the lack of a "hostile environment" build a new NBA style arena? Relax the Barn is one of the temples of college basketball.

It might help if we had a good basketball program again as well. We'll see if that's possible.

I beg to differ. The last legitimate B10 title was 27 years ago. It used to be tough but not anymore.

Gopher, No one wants to hear your unsubstantiated perspective, so why don't you keep your comments to yourself.

That are the Gopher 16-3 in Tubby's second year. Wow, you are overreacting, give him a few years yet let him get all of HIS players in his system. Things will come together. The Gophers will be fine.

As long as you're saying it to yourself and not posting it I'm fine with that.

Art, why don't you take Gopher, goldy2009 and gophermanic and go find a few pairs of cement shoes? I know a great spot right near campus where you boys can go for a swim.

Why? Because I made a fair point?

LOL!!! Keep on being delusional....

Nah, the Barn sucks complete ass, always has, and probably does need to go.

If it's such great home court advantage, how come we've never played especially well there? How many Big Ten opponents have we just dominated at the Barn? We've won just a single game at Assembly Hall in 30 years. Wisconsin has just two wins against Purdue in 40+ years at Mackey. How many games has Wisconsin lost at Kohl Center?

Those are examples of a great home court advantage. Prove to me why the Barn is such a great home court advantage. Otherwise, it's just a myth.

That are the Gopher 16-3 in Tubby's second year. Wow, you are overreacting, give him a few years yet let him get all of HIS players in his system. Things will come together. The Gophers will be fine.

Do you actually believe that th Gophers can consistently challenge for Big Ten Titles, when it's NEVER happened before? Are you saying this to appease us? Make us feel better? What? 16-3 means nothing. Only the final record counts. Look at the schedule, this team may very well end up in the NIT. 16-3?

Do you actually believe that th Gophers can consistently challenge for Big Ten Titles, when it's NEVER happened before? Are you saying this to appease us? Make us feel better? What? 16-3 means nothing. Only the final record counts. Look at the schedule, this team may very well end up in the NIT. 16-3?

Gopher = Pantherhawk He's an Iowa troll who has been banned many times before.

Please do not feed!

Also, Iowa basketball blows.

That is correct. With no shots to cheer, it is really hard to get into a game.

I concur. The Gophs haven't won an NCAA Tournament game in over a decade and have only been there once in that time. How many NCAA appearances do they have in the last 30-35 years, even counting the Clem years that technically don't count?? Like 6 or 7?? That one every 5-6 years....

Originally Posted by Gopher

I concur. The Gophs haven't won an NCAA Tournament game in over a decade and have only been there once in that time. How many NCAA appearances do they have in the last 30-35 years, even counting the Clem years that technically don't count?? Like 6 or 7?? That one every 5-6 years....

Art Vandeley concurs with Pantherhawk (aka waituntilnextyearagain).

Why is this not surprising????

Art, seriously please end your miserable existence. As far as I can tell, all your life entails is coming on GHole to post negative stuff after losses or when something else bad takes place. Seriously, get over the fact that nobody would go to prom with you. Take a deep breath and (for the sake of the rest of the population).......don't exhale.

Please don't waste any more of our precious oxygen.

Wow, relax. I see these same type of posts everytime Purdue losses everyone over reacts. It's dumb.

And yes I think Tubby, assuming he sticks around for another 7-8 year will have the Gophers challening for a Big Ten Title year in and year out. That's not to say he will have the Gophers in it until the last weekend of Big Ten play every year. Hell even this year they aren't out of it.

The selection committee has never subbed a 21 Big Ten team that means the Gopher's need to find just 5 more wins to basically get in, and you are saying that between IU, Iowa, Michigan(which is going the wrong direction right now) and the rest of the Big Ten PLUS the Big Ten Tourney in Indy they can't find 5 wins??!! I will go on record right here right now that Tubby will have this team in the NCAA Tourney. As a matter of fact Gopher I will bet you on it.

Art, seriously please end your miserable existence. As far as I can tell, all your life entails is coming on GHole to post negative stuff after losses or when something else bad takes place. Seriously, get over the fact that nobody would go to prom with you. Take a deep breath and (for the sake of the rest of the population).......don't exhale.

Please don't waste any more of our precious oxygen.

LOL!!!!

Wow, relax. I see these same type of posts everytime Purdue losses everyone over reacts. It's dumb.

And yes I think Tubby, assuming he sticks around for another 7-8 year will have the Gophers challening for a Big Ten Title year in and year out. That's not to say he will have the Gophers in it until the last weekend of Big Ten play every year. Hell even this year they aren't out of it.

The selection committee has never subbed a 21 Big Ten team that means the Gopher's need to find just 5 more wins to basically get in, and you are saying that between IU, Iowa, Michigan(which is going the wrong direction right now) and the rest of the Big Ten PLUS the Big Ten Tourney in Indy they can't find 5 wins??!! I will go on record right here right now that Tubby will have this team in the NCAA Tourney. As a matter of fact Gopher I will bet you on it.

It's easy for you to say this. Purdue has had an excellent proram for the last two decades. My Gophers are best known for Clem Haskins and cheating. 9-9 won't get it done, 21 wins or not. They look at the body of work, not just "21 wins". The Gophers non-conference schedule will do them no favors. Their RPI better be in the 20's or forget it. I say 8-10 or 9-9, and another year watching the Gophers play in front of 4000 in a NIT battle. After starting 16-1, it won't be good for the program. But then, what has?

It's easy for you to say this. Purdue has had an excellent proram for the last two decades. My Gophers are best known for Clem Haskins and cheating. 9-9 won't get it done, 21 wins or not. They look at the body of work, not just "21 wins". The Gophers non-conference schedule will do them no favors. Their RPI better be in the 20's or forget it. I say 8-10 or 9-9, and another year watching the Gophers play in front of 4000 in a NIT battle. After starting 16-1, it won't be good for the program. But then, what has?

Gopher = Pantherhawk (banned Iowa troll) Iowa basketball blows.

It's so obvious that this guy isn't a Gophers fan. Please ban him. This is ridiculous.

Purdue has had its teams in the last 20 years for sure but so has Minnesota(even though the NCAA says they didn't happen that doesn't change the fact they were in the Final Four after Purdue's last visit). But Purdue has also had some pretty bad teams in Keady's later years do some research. 13-18 in 01/02 7-21 in 04/05. Painter first year in West Lafayette wasn't all roses either, get a clue. Either way when it' all said and done Minnesota will hear it's name called on Selection Sunday and will play the Tourney. If you so certain they aren't then way not back it up with something.

Lame

Hey Toolshed, Go milk your goat Ioweee Squaks scum. 16-3 is great, I didnt expect that before the season, after losing 3 seniors who were our top players. We have a young team, and great recruits continuing to come in.

So hate on you lame pathetic lil girl, we will be going deep into the tournament for many years.

I make fun of Art more than anyone, but he's right. The Barn is no longer intimidating and hasn't been for quite some time. Teams that are better than the Gophers come in play like they are at home. It sucks. That doesn't mean Tubby won't get that back one day. But right now, it is what it is. If anything, I think we play better on the road.

For this program to be fully back to prominence, we need to beat teams that are better than us at home. Soon.

This gets my vote for the dumbest post of the year

Sorry we lost to the two best teams in the Big Ten at home. The Barn wasn't intimidating a couple years ago. However, tell PSU and tOSU that the barn isn't an intimidating place to play.

Top Bottom