Gophers are not a difficult team to defend

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Without a player that can drive and either create or dish, the Gophers become a very easy team to defend. At that point, they become a perimeter shooting team, never a good thing.

Here we go again, the sky is falling, Gophers suck, blah, blah, blah.

Purdue is a pretty good team, ranked in the Top 10 to start the season and the preseason pick to win the conference. To top things off, Purdue WAS favored to win this game.

Still a young team, still learning. We knew there would be bumps along the way. Let's have some perspective here....

I think people are tired of seeing the same thing again and again. A team that can't get out of it's own way regarding the offensive end of the court. The sky is not falling, but I've just come to have NO expectations that either the football or basketball program can get over the hump any longer. I'm past HOPING it will happen, I need to see it before I'll believe it any longer. I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, but realistically, it's been so long since it has happened, I forgot what it feels like. Do you think I'm in the minority or majority of Gopher fans? How can anyone expect any differently from many Gopher fans any longer. And history has shown people will fall into the "I don't really care" mentality quite easily in that city. So Tubby needs to make it happen, and SOON.

I think people are tired of seeing the same thing again and again. A team that can't get out of it's own way regarding the offensive end of the court. The sky is not falling, but I've just come to have NO expectations that either the football or basketball program can get over the hump any longer. I'm past HOPING it will happen, I need to see it before I'll believe it any longer. I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, but realistically, it's been so long since it has happened, I forgot what it feels like. Do you think I'm in the minority or majority of Gopher fans? How can anyone expect any differently from many Gopher fans any longer. And history has shown people will fall into the "I don't really care" mentality quite easily in that city. So Tubby needs to make it happen, and SOON.

Gopher = Pantherhawk (also, waituntilnextyearagain)

He is an Iowa troll that has been banned many times before.

Do not feed the trolls!

we are a missed 3 pointer at the buzzer in wisconsin from having a losing big 10 record and we could have just as well lost to iowa

we are dam close to being 2-5 in the big 10

we may actually be a bubble NCAA tourney team before its said and done

as hard as that is to believe

Soooooo, some of you were expecting a BT title this year?

Good grief, talk about expectations. Thanks for showing up and thinking this was going to happen overnight. Seriously?

Gopher = Pantherhawk (also, waituntilnextyearagain)

He is an Iowa troll that has been banned many times before.

Do not feed the trolls!

Who do you think you are. Prove I've been banned, or start acting like an adult.

Why is it every time a Gopher team loses a game, everybody freaks out and talks about their current state of depression regarding Minnesota athletics?

Did anyone really think that this team, made up largely of guys that had never played together before this year, was all of the sudden going to be the best team in the Big Ten?? Even the best college basketball teams drop multiple games.

I mean Georgetown got beat by 17 points at home tonight!!! That's the nature of college basketball. Teams win and teams lose. If you can't handle that, it might be time to move on to another hobby.

In the grand scheme of things, where would you place Gopher football & basketball on the college sports spectrum? Thi University still is decades behind the rest of college sports. They try to make it on this stupid 25+ sport model with minimal revenues. It breaks me heart, but it Won't work.

In the grand scheme of things, where would you place Gopher football & basketball on the college sports spectrum? Thi University still is decades behind the rest of college sports. They try to make it on this stupid 25+ sport model with minimal revenues. It breaks me heart, but it Won't work.

Iowa troll. Do not feed!

I for one am not freaking out about our team. Coming into the year I would still be very happy with our record with the exception of the NW game.

What does concern me is that we are almost regressing on offense. Three straight game that we have shown no offensive attack. Now that I think of it we look pretty terrible offensively against Wisconsin for at least 35 minutes of the game.

My hope is Tubby can reign in our players and get their athletic ability moving as much on offense as we are on defense. We had far too many possessions today where we had no passes and forced out of control drives or contested long jump shots. Either way it was a perfect storm for probably the worst shooting performance I have ever seen from a Gophers team at home.

Sorry Dinkytowner, I have to take this one...;)

Have you seen the latest director's cup standings?? Doesn't look "decades" behind to me :rolleyes:

The ONLY sports that most people care about is football and basketball. I would rather be a top ten football or basketball program vs being in the top ten-twenty in the Sears cup. Ask 1000 random college sports fans about how much they care about swimming or college golf. What sports PAY THE BILLS? Those are the only sports that matter. I could care less about any Gopher sport outside of football and basketball. Untill that attititude at Minnesota changes, nothing else will.

The ONLY sports that most people care about is football and basketball. I would rather be a top ten football or basketball program vs being in the top ten-twenty in the Sears cup. Ask 1000 random college sports fans about how much they care about swimming or college golf. What sports PAY THE BILLS? Those are the only sports that matter. I could care less about any Gopher sport outside of football and basketball. Untill that attititude at Minnesota changes, nothing else will.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

we are a missed 3 pointer at the buzzer in wisconsin from having a losing big 10 record and we could have just as well lost to iowa

we are dam close to being 2-5 in the big 10

we may actually be a bubble NCAA tourney team before its said and done

as hard as that is to believe

What you are close to isn't relevant. A win is a win, a loss is a loss.

It's okay Dinky,

I was expecting the whole "football and basketball are the only sports that count because they pay the bills, blah blah blah" line from our Gopher friend and he obliged nicely.

Once I saw that answer, that was all I had to know about you know who. ;)

Top Bottom