14-51 from field...

Gopher

Banned
Reaction score
..when was the last Gopher team that had a cohesive, well oiled, offensive team? This team only scores dureing helter skelter situations. I don't see ANYONE on the roster who can be a scorer. We can't take the next step until that happens.

..when was the last Gopher team that had a cohesive, well oiled, offensive team? This team only scores dureing helter skelter situations. I don't see ANYONE on the roster who can be a scorer. We can't take the next step until that happens.

Gopher = Pantherhawk

Great defensive teams expose our lack of go-to scorers. It will certainly help when the two tall kids gain more experience, but we're still a couple of great offensive players away.

Were trying to be like the old Badgers, not much athleticism and to luck out close wins, boring.

Great defensive teams expose our lack of go-to scorers. It will certainly help when the two tall kids gain more experience, but we're still a couple of great offensive players away.

Agree. Hard to beat anybody when you can't put the ball in the hole. And shooting 28 percent isn't going to beat anybody in this conference...

How the hell does the same team go 16 of 58 and almost make 30 free throws in a row? Unbelievable!!!

Purdue plays great defence and often time forces bad shots. It also helps to have a shot block in the middle like JaJuan Johnson. Any all that adds up to is that Purdue leads the nation in FG% against something like 32%. Tonight the Gophers 27.6%, which isn't good but it isn't like they were play some team from the ACC where they don't even know what defense is. By the way, the nation's best shooter, Stephen Curry shot 5 for 26 against Purdue.

Purdue is a fantastic defensive team but we did nothing to help ourselves and our shooting percentage. Terrible shot selection and too many out of control drives resulting in poor shots.

Missing with guys on you is one thing. But I don't think we hit an open jumper all night (not that there were too many).

When you can't even hit open jumpers, you've got problems. And to say we've got problems with our offense after the last two games would count as a serious understatement.:mad:

I just worry that we might pull what the football team did down the stretch. Man you got to hit open shots - and our shots weren't even close. Purdue was trying to let us back in the game but we missed evry shot. We do need a superstar offensive player. I mean for awhile there were 6 to 8 guys with 6 points or less.

Top Bottom