White Uniforms

XMan

Reaction score
I know it doesn't really make much of a difference, but I don't like the White Uniforms. Sorry Snowman. Keep it Maroon and Gold.

I personally think the white uniforms are sharp. I like them a lot.

I agree.

I detest the white togs. burn 'em and wear the gold and maroons.

The white uniforms are a jinx. Our team is the GOLDEN Gophers!

Lets get some black uniforms for the road...................

Ugh

Black? Black? That's worse than white unis. At least the whites are historical home unis from the peach basket days. The nineties were horrible when every school thought they could create a "tougher" persona by abandoning their school colors for black. Duke in a black road uni? Those were horrible days. I'm against the whites, as well, so mark me down with Xman and the rest who have responded Maroon and Gold (and that's it).
Right now with Maroon and White, Gold is the "special" uni color that can be worn either home or away. But it looks dumb when a team wears gold (or hawkeye yellow) on the road. If you play at Indiana (who should, rightfully, wear white - or cream, if you ask them - at home), you should wear your Maroon or darkest uni. I've seen a few yellow vs. white matchups that were hard to watch (maybe I need to replace the rabbit ears with one of them newfangled dish deals).
'nuff said

I remember they wore black once or twice in '97 and I thought they looked bad ass. I love our maroon and gold colors but I also like how they look on white and black uni's too.

Caught the early part of the game on radio, and they said the whites were chosen because they had just lost in the golds, and they wanted to shake it up a little.

Top Bottom