What I'm most most looking forward to in NCAA

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Yes, the Big 10 is getting some love this year for its on-court performance, but what I like is it's still pretty much taking a back seat to the Big East and the ACC. And I have no problem with that.

While the pundits continue to argue what's the better conference -- the Big East or the ACC? -- the Big 10 is just kinda' quietly lurking while putting together one of its best seasons in years. For the first time in quite a few years, I feel like the Big 10 has a legitimate chance to put at least 3 teams in the Sweet 16 (or better). I don't think the Big 10 has the heavweights at the top that the ACC (UNC, Duke, Wake) and Big East (UConn, Louisville, Pitt) have, but there are a lot of quality clubs in the Big 10 that on a given night will be able to compete with and/or beat those teams.

It's these 3 conferences that are going to swallow up most of the bids. Between the 3 of 'em, I'd guess there'll be an absolute minimum of 20 representatives (8 Big East, 6 ACC & Big 10) playing in the NCAA. Really looking forward to when these three conferences cross paths in the early rounds of the tournament. The first weekend, as always, is when the NCAA tourney is at its best.

Agreed

I definitely agree with your post. I think the Big Ten is going to suprise some people come tournament time. The Big Ten can beat each other on any given night and I really look forward to the rest of the country seeing that this conference is not a cake walk.

What I am most looking forward to about the NCAAs is- the Gophers actually playing in it.

Good call, beej

That's exactly what I was going to say. They still need a couple more wins to seal up that bid though. They're a long ways from a done deal.

All in favor of seeing the Gophers in the NCAA's, signify by saying "AYE".

AYE!!!!

Top Bottom