Gophers LAST in the nation in opp. FT%

Sour1729

231!
Reaction score
SIAP, but according to Ken Pomeroy, the Gophers are last (344/344) in the nation in opponent free throw percentage. Our opponents are shooting 76.6% from the line. Have we just played a bunch of good free throw shooting teams? Are we always fouling the best free throw shooters? Are the Gophers just perpetually cursed? Really a random stat and I don't think there are any sweeping generalizations to be made, but what an unlucky thing. Thoughts?

http://kenpom.com/tmleaders.php?c=OppFTPct

It sounds almost like a random occurrence for a team with our record. I could understand the statistic if we were consistently trailing in games and fouling to stop the clock and get the ball back. In that situation the opponent will try to get the ball to their best free throw shooters in which would impact that percentage. We really haven't been involved in close losses so I struggle to understand the statistic as anything but unlucky.

Statistics are made up of this:

Figures can lie, and liars can fugure.

The only stat that is important is Gophers score more points tonight than Purdue.

At last green guy tried. Now if the people in front of him would get out of his way...

Top Bottom