MN in the Top 25

obie18

Reaction score
Wanted to pass along these ratings/rankings that were just released for those that are interested. What do you think of this Top 25 list? I hate seeing Wake at No. 1. They'll be falling from the top spot soon.

Your 1st post is linking to your own website hoping for traffic?....hm...

This is not new info. The rankings have been out since Monday and we have been in the top 25 for a few weeks now. Also, the ratings that link takes us to are off. Gophers are number 21 and 20 in the 2 polls

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Wait, is this a list of the Rankings or the RPI rankings?

It's rankings (separate from AP) based on several factors: RPI, strength of schedule, margin of victory, etc. These rankings update every day at 2pm central time... so you can see they just got shuffled a bit (more so at the top). MN remained at #16.

I assume he signed up on the 'Hole solely to post a thread linking to his website in an effort to drum up web traffic.

I'd have no problem if he was a Gopher fan or wanted to contribute something to the site; I just get annoyed at people who sign up on forums to make a post advertising their product/website/business, etc. and never come back to contribute anything to the site...kind of like fly-by spamming.

Re: MN in top 25

I assume he signed up on the 'Hole solely to post a thread linking to his website in an effort to drum up web traffic.

I'd have no problem if he was a Gopher fan or wanted to contribute something to the site; I just get annoyed at people who sign up on forums to make a post advertising their product/website/business, etc. and never come back to contribute anything to the site...kind of like fly-by spamming.

My name is Trish and I'm an avid college hoops fan who follows the Big Ten. That is not my site, but I have agreed to volunteer to help them with data input.

I assure you I didn't sign up to post and leave. I'll be sticking around and plan to contribute to discussion. That being said, I thought offering a poll that differs from the general polls would be worthy of discussion--especially w/ the Gophers at the #16 slot :)

I have my hand in a lot of basketball content, and I'll be sure to pass along interesting/note-worthy stuff. You guys might have seen this dunk already as it was featured on Yahoo's homepage this morning. Some kid from a smaller college in SC had a monster, Vince-Carter-like dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54YWl9PfjR8

yeah Obie18...we have a guy who can do that too coming in next year name Rodney Williams Jr...wonder if you knew that?

yeah Obie18...we have a guy who can do that too coming in next year name Rodney Williams Jr...wonder if you knew that?

Yeah, and he's helped his team to an average winning margin of 21.18 per game. Not bad! I would expect a similar outcome in the game tonight over Chisago Lakes.

Top Bottom