Boilers currently a 1-point favorite

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
With reports that Hummel's back is still giving him trouble, I'd take some of that action on the Gophers. BTN reported last night Hummel's sat out a lot of practice this week because of the bad back. Precautionary, I'm sure, but bad backs are never good, kinda' like pulled hamstrings.

Hummel is not healthy but he really hasn't practiced at all between games for about 3-4 weeks now, yet he still manages 14 and 8 per night. He'll play tonight but not sure how much. Kramer is closer to 100%. If they were healthy, I'd expect the Boilers to roll easily.

It should be a good one tonight. The winner takes a significant step toward a bye in the BTT & NCAA bid, for the loser it starts getting a little dicey toward the halfway point.

Come on now...I know you're a homer for the Boilers, but "roll easily" playing the Gophers at the Barn? Please.

Exactly. Show some respect Boiler. Just for that I predict Gophers by 30. :)

This game will be the game that choose who will challenge MSU for the Big Ten Championship.

This game will be the game that choose who will challenge MSU for the Big Ten Championship.

Illinois will put up a claim for it too. They're looking pretty tough right now.

Good luck tonight Purdue. I'm hoping for another exciting game.

Challenging MSU for the title

I'd still put the Illini at the top of that list.

Even if the Gophers win tonight I don't think we're a legit, night in & night out Big 10 title contender, but it would certainly go a long way in separating us a little bit from the muddled masses in the 2-9 spots in the standings.

There's still a resounding echo of confident Wisconsin posters in the walls of Tubby's Barn. :)

Illinois looks like the team to me as well...

Currently, I would rank the top of the BT:

1) MSU
2) Illinois
3) Purdue
4-8) Minnesota, Northwestern, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan

Maybe I'm off, but I just don't see a lot of separation in the middle of the pack RIGHT NOW.

I do expect things to look different in a month but we'll see.

I would, however, much rather be playing Purdue tonight than Illinois, although I think it'll be tough to pull out a win tonight. Some guys are going to have to come up bigger than they have in recent games. Other than Westbrook for a half against Wisky, not too many of the Gophers have really shined in the last two games. That's gotta change for them to win many more games the rest of the way.

I have stated in the past, that this is still a Gopher TEAM that is being molded into a future Big 10 factor. I think Tubby has this TEAM at least a year ahead of schedule, and with new top level recruits will continue to grow. I expect a WIN versus Purdue tonight, because our Gophers are capable, if, if, if, all are at the top of their game, including Coach Smith. Good Luck, Gophers. Control the BARN!!!!!!!

Hummel is not healthy but he really hasn't practiced at all between games for about 3-4 weeks now, yet he still manages 14 and 8 per night. He'll play tonight but not sure how much. Kramer is closer to 100%. If they were healthy, I'd expect the Boilers to roll easily.

In the past 40 years, the Boilers have rarely "rolled easily" in The Barn vs the Gophers. It was always a tough venue for Purdue to W.

Did I hear this is only the sixth meeting in which both teams have been ranked? Out of 170 or so meetings?

Currently, I would rank the top of the BT:

1) MSU
2) Illinois
3) Purdue
4-8) Minnesota, Northwestern, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan

Maybe I'm off, but I just don't see a lot of separation in the middle of the pack RIGHT NOW.

I do expect things to look different in a month but we'll see.

I would, however, much rather be playing Purdue tonight than Illinois, although I think it'll be tough to pull out a win tonight. Some guys are going to have to come up bigger than they have in recent games. Other than Westbrook for a half against Wisky, not too many of the Gophers have really shined in the last two games. That's gotta change for them to win many more games the rest of the way.

You don't see OSU as being in the "middle of the pack"??? How can they be below Michigan, who OSU beat in Ann Arbor???

Mush and Knight just said that Hummel (not practicing) will really be tough on him to play well....We'll see!

Top Bottom