Kellie MCNeil

Chris Monter

Reaction score
I got a chance to talk to Kellie McNeil, a 5-foot-11 senior setter for Lakeville (MN) North who is the top volleyball player in the state and is ranked as the nation’s top setter high and #8 player in the country by prepvolleyball.com. I posted the story this morning.

Chris Monter

As someone who attends almost all of Purdue's volleyball matches, the role of setter cannot be undervalued. The entire offense runs though them, the difference between a good and great or bad and good can be the setter. If McNeil is as good as they say Minnesota is very lucky.

As someone who attends almost all of Purdue's volleyball matches, the role of setter cannot be undervalued. The entire offense runs though them, the difference between a good and great or bad and good can be the setter. If McNeil is as good as they say Minnesota is very lucky.

There are very few things I worry about when it comes to Mike Hebert's leadership of the Gopher program. And certainly recruiting falls under that category. He consistently brings in the state's top players and Minnesota has proven to be a good volleyball state. On top of that, he has also has the ability to step out of the state to pick up some blue-chippers as well. Count McNeil as just the latest in a string of big-time commitments to the program over the past several years.

Kellie is extremely fun to watch set. And she's setting mainly to a couple of 9th grade outside hitters, her sister Taylr and Alyssa Goehner. Taylr has already committed to the Gophers.

Top Bottom