So is Michigan State's "once promising season" over?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I cant remember who the douche was that posted that on Sunday after we lost to NW, but where are you now?

If this game doesn't make it clear that almost any team in the Big 10 (outside of maybe Indy and possibly Iowa) can beat anyone else in the conference on a given night, I don't know what will. The winner of the conference will have no less than 3 (but more likely 4) losses.

This also should change our loss to the Wildcats from what the NCAA committee would consider a "bad loss" to just another conference road loss. Good stuff.

And to all the idiots on the board, (if they lose to VTech) Wake Forest should probably just pack it up for the year now, right?

this might be it:

gophermanic
Expert Join Date: Nov 2008

So ends a promising season!

I see the author's name actually makes sense.

I wonder what the Spartans and Demon Deacons will do for the rest of the season now? How could they dare lose?? Much less AT HOME?!?

Haha. You have to love people without perspective and/or rationality.

Question. Does this help our ranking if we beat Purdue tomorrow, come selection Sunday? Given that we lost to a team who's hot enough to Almost beat Purdue, beat us and then MSU? Does the AP and ESPN take the past into consideration?

Definetly happy to see Michigan State lose to Northwestern. That def. helps our loss not look bad and it puts us a game back on the big ten lead. Go Gophers, Roll on Purdue!!

The ranking doesn't matter. The RPI does, and it is a big help. VATECHs win also makes our win over WI look a lot better.

I think losing on the road to a team in the RPI Top 50 (believe NW was 48 BEFORE tonight) will not be viewed negatively. Obviously, that assumes the Wildcats don't tank it down the stretch.

But I think this definitely helped us a bit. If for no other reason than proving that MSU is beatable at Breslin (and in general) and making the Big 10 anyone's race again. If we can take care of business tomorrow, we are right back in the mix.

At least this confirms my view Sunday afternoon that Northwestern is a pretty dang good team. Their defense is very impressive. There is no doubt that the quality of play in the Big Ten is better this year than the last few.

If you dare venture over to the Red Cedar (Sparty) board, you had better put on one of those full-body hazmat suit. They're in full thermonuclear meltdown over there...

Gophermanic is an interesting character, to say the least.

He only seems to post after a game, makes some kind of grand proclamation, then disappears until after the following game. All and all, that seems pretty manic to me!!!:p

Top Bottom