Watch out for the...Wildcats

And outside the Big Ten, #1 WF is down 14 to... Virginia Tech?

42-39 NW??

Their Rowley guy reminds me of Jonathon Williams .. just a mess.

NW's 1-3-1 is causing all kinds of problems for Mich St at home.

MSU's offense looks just like ours did against N'western. Lob passes from side to side 35' from the basket. MSU has shot 20 FT's though, and we couldn't even get to the line in the first half.

They are making some incredible shots to stay in control! Kobble's last turnaround J was unbelievable.

Holy blank !

Northwestern could pull this off !

I want to silently apologize to Al Nolen for thinking he had a horrible game. Well he did of course but Mich St. isn't doing a whole lot better.

Lol .. is Izzo getting out coached ? :)

Too bad for MSU. And so ends their promising season. They will be lucky to make the tourney. ;):p

Oh wait, that's only the case when the Gophers lose to NW.

NU knocks off Michigan State

Interesting...

Beat me to it HopHead

:)

NW actually missed some key free throws down the stretch but got the job done on the defensive end. I'm thinking Carmody's seat got a lot cooler this week.

Just like that, Michigan State is no longer a lock to win the Big Ten. It also makes the Minnesota/Purdue game a lot more interesting.

Congrats to NW University Wildcats. WOW!!!!

Holy blank !

Northwestern could pull this off !

I want to silently apologize to Al Nolen for thinking he had a horrible game. Well he did of course but Mich St. isn't doing a whole lot better.

Lol .. is Izzo getting out coached ? :)

So when was the last time somebody won a game after getting out rebounded 34-18 and shooting .411 from the field while shooting fewer free throws than your opponents made?

The Northwestern game at home just got much bigger for us.

I thought our messageboard had a mini meltdown.

I bet Mich St. is going ballistic.

:)

NW actually missed some key free throws down the stretch but got the job done on the defensive end. I'm thinking Carmody's seat got a lot cooler this week.

If NW had made late FTs on Thursday against Purdue, we'd be talking about an amazing three-game winning streak for them (#14 PU, #17 MN, #7 MSU). They absolutely had Purdue dead late in that game and missed a boatload of FTs, including front ends of 1-and-1's. Northwestern won't win the Big Ten, but it appears they will have a say in who will.

I just feel a whole lot better watching NW beat MSU at their house! Wow - their guards couldn't handle the trap either. Beat Purdue!!! C'mon Iowa beat Wis. tonight!

If NW had made late FTs on Thursday against Purdue, we'd be talking about an amazing three-game winning streak for them (#14 PU, #17 MN, #7 MSU). They absolutely had Purdue dead late in that game and missed a boatload of FTs, including front ends of 1-and-1's. Northwestern won't win the Big Ten, but it appears they will have a say in who will.

This is actually awful for us. Seven teams will likely go to the tourney from the Big Ten; and now Northwestern has just gotten into the mix! Other possible teams:

MSU (Lock)
Illinois (almost lock)
Minnesota
Purdue
Michigan
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State

So who are the two of these that are out? Probably Penn State (that loss to Rhode Island really hurt their chances), and....

Top Bottom