Kevin Payton suspended for academic reasons

If Williams cannot play, Smith likely will tinker with his starting lineup to bring either Colton Iverson or Ralph Sampson III off the bench. That ensures more balance with Minnesota's big men

We have a great journalist writing this piece.

Nothing funny about this. I hope he gets back on track and wish him the best.

Hopefully its just a paper that didn't get turned in or something easily fixable.

Is the suspension because of last semester? If that is the case, then why did it take so long? We aren't even a week into the spring semester so I don't know how he could be having academic problems already.

The new semester started on Monday, so wouldn't he have been eligible until then?

It can take several weeks to get your grades once the semester ends. I walked in my graduation ceremony without knowing for sure if I had passed a class. I had even signed up for it over the summer just in case.

It can take several weeks to get your grades once the semester ends.

With athletes they would have known long ago that he was at risk and would have been doing all they could to prevent it.

It is something that belongs to Tubby and the Team. I imagine no one feels worse about it that Tubby and Kevin. Stop the gossip, please.

I'm sure they knew he was in trouble, but that doesn't mean they would know whether or not he passed.

IIRC, grades are due into the system on Christmas Eve plus or minus a day, and are available for viewing before New Years. They would have known long before this if it was last semester's grades. Then again we aren't far enough into spring semester for something from this period to come up...

Why...

is Gophermanic such a d-bag? Way to celebrate a kids struggles!! Get a life you Jack AZZ!!!!:mad:

Short interpretation on this one .. From what I gather this is a team suspension. As in the Anthony Tucker suspension, which is a violation of Big 10 rules, this is Tubby imposed. If the case .. good for Tubby for demanding the kids stay together academically and another shout out to Kevin to do what you need to do and keep you head up.

And yes Gophermanic is a douche bag.

Top Bottom