Dave Telep on Cory Joseph

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Telep:

Findlay and St. Marks turned out to be worth the price of admission. Guards Cory Joseph and Avery Bradley combined for 47 points and some dramatic moments at the National Prep School Invitational.

The basketball gods saw this one coming. After a long day of often times ragged ball, St. Marks and Findlay Prep rewarded those with patience. Two of the best high school teams these eyes have seen engaged in a thriller.
Findlay Prep’s 2,718-mile journey east yielded back-to-back wins and an impressive display of guard play. Behind 28 points from all-american Avery Bradley, Findlay prevailed 82-76.

This one came down to guard play and Bradley and junior Cory Joseph would not be denied. Each was magnificent. Bradley’s mid-range game, bounce to the rim and defense (he guarded a power forward!) are the stuff college all-americans are made from. His jump shot was as true as we’ve seen. He wore it out from inside the arc.

Joseph, well, all he did was score 19 points and come up with THE defensive play of the game. Inside a minute, St. Marks Erik Murphy is streaking down the floor for what would appear to be an easy hoop. In what can only be described as a cornerback closing in on a receiver, Joseph stretched, leapt in front of Murphy and stole the ball.

Joseph made a trio of triples during a key second half run and was 6-for-9 from the floor. He checks in at No. 72 in Scout.com’s current 2010 rankings but that’ll change the next time around.

Junior Cory Joseph said he’s in the infancy stages of his recruitment. His brother plays at Minnesota and he’s hearing from UNLV, Florida, Kansas and Texas Tech. He was fired up about the win and hasn’t been dialed in on school selection much to date. …

Go Gophers!!

The younger Joseph may turn out to be an even better prospect than his brother. His 2 years at the Las Vegas prep school will bring him a level of competition and publicity that Devoe missed.

I wonder if having Devoe will help or hurt us in our recruitment of Cory. I'm sure some people would love to play on the same team as their brother, but then I'm sure there are some people who would want to go elsewhere to make his own name, and be his own person. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

Top Bottom