Hockey starts tonite!!!

Hey! Drop the Puck!
Hey! Drop the Puck!
Hey! Drop the Puck!

It's been a few years since I've lived in Minnesota and thus, have barely seen any Gopher hockey since 2007 (which, as it turns out, wasn't such a bad thing). Finally got the FCS channels added to my sports tier, so I'll have the games available to me....I know about four names on the roster, so looking forward to learning about the team this weekend.

It's going to be weird not having Frank and Doug calling the game. I sure hope hockey mainstays like "next goal wins" and "the two-goal lead is the hardest to protect" hold true without them.

I know about four names on the roster, so looking forward to learning about the team this weekend.

All you need to know is Cepis. You will LOVE the energy he brings to the ice. I'm super pumped, maybe Tipsy can start a pumped poll here?

Gopher puck is what I always consider the official start of the winter season. Sorry, NHL and NBA don't count. Will be nice to mix in the Gophers with some playoff baseball tonight.

WOOOOOOOO! A little puck here!!!!! Thank God for hockey season stop us from thinking about football!

Bjugstad ejected five minutes in for checking from behind. Ouch.

Good to see the fire though.

Gophers win 5-3. Good start to the season. Young guys look exciting.

Agreed, I really like the physicality the team showed tonight.

North Dakota loses to Alaska-Anchorage, 5-5!

UND led 5-1 in the second period before UAA rattled off four straight.

Awesome. :clap:

wisky lost too, 4-3. But it was to BostonU. No shame there.

North Dakota loses to Alaska-Anchorage, 5-5!

UND led 5-1 in the second period before UAA rattled off four straight.

Awesome. :clap:

wisky lost too, 4-3. But it was to BostonU. No shame there.

How the hell do you lose 5-5??? :) I thought Haula, Holl and Helgeson were outstanding last night.

How the hell do you lose 5-5??? :)

You should watch the documentary "Harvard beats Yale, 29-29". About the 1968 football game. Both teams came into the season finale 8-0. It's really entertaining --- Tommy Lee Jones was an OL for Harvard.

Thank God for Gopher hockey! I was at the football game in Madison today and it was pretty depressing. Gopher hockey.....Undefeated!!

Go Gophers!!

Your Gophers 5
Minutemen of UMass 4

Good to start off with a sweep over a team from a legit conference. Looks like a good offense, but shaky D.

Next week: Nebraska-Omaha (2-0-0): The Mavericks begin WCHA play in Mariucci after dominating a bad Clarkson team (8-0) and beating a good RIT team (5-3).

Looks like a good offense, but shaky D.

Love how the offense has progressed this year, finally crashing the net and getting to the dirty areas instead of dinking around with the luck for five minutes and taking a crappy shot. They're following Lucia's plan which he announced earlier this yr. Defense though, has me worried. Ness played outstanding last night but we have so many frosh back there this year I'm hoping they get better with experience this season.

Go Gophers!!!

The problem I see isn't with the Freshmen D men though. they can be a liability, but The liability has been with the seniors in Wehrs and Fairchild who have regressed to the point that they are unplayable...

I'm hoping the d looked bad due to conditioning and can be fixed quickly, but after last year I'm just glad we're scoring some goals. Good start.

Wehrs and Fairchild who have regressed to the point that they are unplayable...

Agreed! Fairchild looks like he is in way over his head out there, and idk why. Didn't really watch Wehrs but will keep an eye on him this weekend. My biggest peeve w/ the D right now is not even being able to clear it on a kill, but instead playing around w/ it for God knows why (granted the only game I missed / will hopefully miss was the one Saturday night and I only caught the second and third periods)

Top Bottom