What do you think about the Gophers' Remaining Schedule?

Gopherthewin

Gopher Fan
Reaction score
Here's the Gophers' remaining schedule, how do you think we will end up?

16-2 (4-2 Big Ten)

Purdue
@ Indiana
Illinois
@ Michigan State
@ Ohio State
Indiana
@ Penn State
@ Michigan
Northwestern
@ Illinois
Wisconsin
Michigan

I'm guessing we finish up around 23-7 (11-7 Big Ten)... 7-5 the rest of the way
What does Gopher Nation think?

That's probably about right...5-1 at home and 2-4 on the road the rest of the way.

The remaining road schedule is very tough. I'm guessing we win one more road game and lose one more home game. Predicting which is totally impossible. So that would put us at 10-8. In fact after this past week who could predict anything?

There will plenty of chances to pick up some more road wins. Nothing is guaranteed anywhere in the schedule. Personally, I think we'll be either 22-8 and 10-8 or 23-7 and 11-7. If we go above that, I'll be ecstatic.

But I feel like we'll have a chance to win any game if we play with passion and intensity, something that was clearly missing against Northwestern on Sunday.

Here's the Gophers' remaining schedule, how do you think we will end up?

16-2 (4-2 Big Ten)

Purdue
@ Indiana
Illinois
@ Michigan State
@ Ohio State
Indiana
@ Penn State
@ Michigan
Northwestern
@ Illinois
Wisconsin
Michigan

I'm guessing we finish up around 23-7 (11-7 Big Ten)... 7-5 the rest of the way
What does Gopher Nation think?

I think 23-7. Best case, maybe 25-5.

I don't think the NCAA recognizes the Concordia victory. The rest of the schedule is tough.

Worst case scenario could be 5-7 (9-9) 20-9. I say somewhere between that and 7-5 (11-7) 22-7.

We're 6 games into the B10 season. We've played three home and three away. We've played some of the best (MSU & Wisconsin), some of the worst (Iowa, NU), and some in the middle (tOSU, PSU). I think our current 4-2 record is a pretty accurate indicator of the type of team we have. I think we'll maintain our current .667 winning percentage and end up 12-6 in the league.

I don't think the NCAA recognizes the Concordia victory. The rest of the schedule is tough.

Worst case scenario could be 5-7 (9-9) 20-9. I say somewhere between that and 7-5 (11-7) 22-7.

Sure they do. It may not be considered in ratings tools (like RPI) but OF COURSE it counts.

I look at the rest of the schedule this way:

-- Four games the Gophers should and have to win: at Indiana, vs. Indiana, at Penn State, vs. NW
-- Six toss-up games: vs. Purdue, vs. Illinois, at Ohio State, at Michigan, vs. Wisconsin, vs. Michigan
-- And two games I think the Gophers will lose: at Michigan State and at Illinois

I think the Gophers will win at least a couple of the toss-up games and finish 10-8 or 11-7.

About the Concordia game. It will not count in RPI. Exactly how the committee considers it is kind of an unknown. Do they count it as a win? Do they look at it with disapproval? It's unclear. What I am certain of is that it isn't going to help the Gophers.

21-8 (10-8 the goal)

21-8 (D-I games only) & 11-7 was the preseason surmisal here that would safely get the Gophers into the NCAA Tournament. With the win over Louisville, 21-8, 10-8 will definitely get the job done. However, 20-9 & 9-9 and it's Maalox city (please excuse the Dukie V terminology) for Gopher fans heading into the BTT.

Gophers are one game ahead of my preseason pace (won projected losses vs. Louisville & Wisconsin but lost a projected win vs. Northwestern). Will stick with the preseason guess of 11-7, allowing the Gophers 1 (maybe 2) slip-up(s) in these final 12 games.

Purdue (W) = 16-2, 5-2
at Indiana (W) = 17-2, 6-2
Illinois (W) = 18-2, 7-2 (most likely slip-up)
at Michigan State (L) = 18-3, 7-3
at Ohio State (L) = 18-4, 7-4
Indiana (W) = 19-4, 8-4
at Penn State (L) = 19-5, 8-5
at Michigan (L) = 19-6, 8-6
Northwestern (W) = 20-6, 9-6
at Illinois (L) = 20-7, 9-7
Wisconsin (W) = 21-7, 10-7
Michigan (W) = 22-7, 11-7

To take some pressure off, Gophers need to be no worse than 9-7 heading into the final 2-game homestand. Need to put themselves in a position where a split gets them into the NCAA, regardless of what happens at the BTT.

Hodger,

I'm assuming the Concordia game doesn't count in the eyes of the selection committee???

OK.....Let's take a vote:

Naysayers: Gophers will lose all remaining games.

Optomists: Gophers will win all remaining games.

Common Sense: We will win some, we will lose some.

I'll start: Common Sense.

Next Vote??????????

Top Bottom