One last note on the Northwestern game...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Another reason I'm just not all that concerned about how the Rodents played in that game:

Gophers played a relatively late game Thursday night, an emotional, draining OVERTIME game against a huge rival, on the road; then a game on Sunday afternoon, again on the road.

To top things off, I seem to recall they took a bus to both games, significantly prolonging travel time.

So they get home essentially Friday, hit the road on the road Saturday. Not exactly a lot of time to prepare for the quirks of the Wildcats.

Another reason I'm just not all that concerned about how the Rodents played in that game:

Gophers played a relatively late game Thursday night, an emotional, draining OVERTIME game against a huge rival, on the road; then a game on Sunday afternoon, again on the road.

To top things off, I seem to recall they took a bus to both games, significantly prolonging travel time.

So they get home essentially Friday, hit the road on the road Saturday. Not exactly a lot of time to prepare for the quirks of the Wildcats.

The bus went from Madison to Evanston on Friday. They did not return home to Minnesota in between games.

Gophers practiced both Friday and Saturday in Evanston.

Sorry Ogee. NU exposed the Gophers but the 1-3-1 was expected.

This is still a young team. Shooting the lights out makes things a lot easier. The guys have to learn "how" to win even when the lid is on the hoop.

The Gophers have leaned towards a playground offense approach lately. This concerns me. Very liitle effort to get the ball inside. I would like to see a short chart. Even DJ is taking three's.

I'm not concerned about the loss to NU because this is a young team. They had an emotional win over an arch rival that wasn't supposed to happen. A few days later, they have to play a doormat in the B10. How can any player get high for playing NU?

I played ball in college so I know the drill. It's very hard for a team to get hyped playing a doormat team, especially after a big win. There's only so much a coaching staff can do. This is something that only comes with experience. We have young guys who didn't take NU seriously. Next season, I don't think you'll see such things happen.

In the end, we are a better team than NU...no doubt about it. It's just unfortunate we had to play them on Sunday after Wisconsin.

Top Bottom