Two Threads on CatsPause

akgopher

Reaction score
They are feeling better about themselves in KY after we messed the bed today.

They are feeling better about themselves in KY after we messed the bed today.

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, Kentucky fans all gitty because the Gophers lost to NU or the fact that Gopher fans actually go on the UK board to see their reaction to said loss...

Excuse me, but F$@k the KY board.....according to them, If Gophers win, we win in spite of Tubby. If Gophers lose, we lose because of Tubby. Figure that out. Screw 'em. Let them be. Period.

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, Kentucky fans all gitty because the Gophers lost to NU or the fact that Gopher fans actually go on the UK board to see their reaction to said loss...

Many Kentucky fans are idiots. Some Kentucky fans are racists. A few are both.

Quit throwing the race card. There's no place for that crap on this board. Your hidden agenda is getting old....

That is all he knows.

You know what's funny? I've seen many posts complimentary of Coach Smith and the Gophers on the Rivals Site when I've checked it.

Racism exists in every facet of our society-not just sport and not just in Kentucky. A racist can wear a Carolina hat or a Gopher hat just as easily as he can wear a Kentucky hat. The fanbase was split not on issues of race but on issues of wins and losses and the lack of getting over the hump again in the Regional Final. It happened to Bill Gutheridge at North Carolina, Tommy Tubberville at Auburn and (until last season) Bill Self at Kansas.

Do some yahoo's on the internet take that to an extreme and look like jackasses? Yes, yes they do but they do the same thing in Tuscaloosa or in the Bronx or in Little League Baseball games around this country. This is all a moot point of course because Coach Smith has never done anything wrong in the eyes of FoT. If he doesn't succeed at Minnesota to the fan's expectations he'll find a way to spin it into being your fault as well.

Many Kentucky fans are idiots. Some Kentucky fans are racists. A few are both.

And some are neither. I am a Kentucky fan that is as happy with Tubby's success in Minnesota as most any Gophers fans -- it is why I registered over here, to keep up with the Gophers since I don't have the Big Ten Network and what not. Don't let the extreme few (thousand) on CatsPause cause you to generalize the entire very large, very passionate fanbase.

Trust me, I don't frequent UK boards because even as a fan some of them get on my nerves so I am not saying any of you are wrong...the offenders are just a small, small representation of us overall.

(no comment about Kentucky boards because I and many others don't and shouldn't care what they have to say)

i hate what they say because it shows how much they dont know about college b ball, i often find myself trying to educate the ignorant ones who just repeat what the racist ones say, but at the end of the day theres no need for me to go there because minnesota is in a much better position than the cats anyway. their mods(moms) will blacklist you for being honest about their current position but will let them disrespect tubby or any other coach or player.

And some are neither. I am a Kentucky fan that is as happy with Tubby's success in Minnesota as most any Gophers fans -- it is why I registered over here, to keep up with the Gophers since I don't have the Big Ten Network and what not. Don't let the extreme few (thousand) on CatsPause cause you to generalize the entire very large, very passionate fanbase.

Trust me, I don't frequent UK boards because even as a fan some of them get on my nerves so I am not saying any of you are wrong...the offenders are just a small, small representation of us overall.

MOST are neither. The vast majority. But many are, some are, a few are (as I said previously).

Quit throwing the race card. There's no place for that crap on this board. Your hidden agenda is getting old....

Notice you didn't comment about Playing The Idiot Card.

I lived there (in KY) for 24 years. I know what I'm talking about.

That is all he knows.

You know what's funny? I've seen many posts complimentary of Coach Smith and the Gophers on the Rivals Site when I've checked it.

Racism exists in every facet of our society-not just sport and not just in Kentucky. A racist can wear a Carolina hat or a Gopher hat just as easily as he can wear a Kentucky hat. The fanbase was split not on issues of race but on issues of wins and losses and the lack of getting over the hump again in the Regional Final. It happened to Bill Gutheridge at North Carolina, Tommy Tubberville at Auburn and (until last season) Bill Self at Kansas.

Do some yahoo's on the internet take that to an extreme and look like jackasses? Yes, yes they do but they do the same thing in Tuscaloosa or in the Bronx or in Little League Baseball games around this country. This is all a moot point of course because Coach Smith has never done anything wrong in the eyes of FoT. If he doesn't succeed at Minnesota to the fan's expectations he'll find a way to spin it into being your fault as well.

Baloney. You may be one of those Idiots that I mentioned.

I deal strictly in facts. UK averages 2 FF per decade, Tubby made 1. UK averages 5 Elite 8 per decade, Tubby made 4. UK averages 1 NC per decade, Tubby won 1. UK averages 6 Sweet 16 per decade, Tubby won 6. UK averages winning SEC and SECT about 50% of the time. Tubby won 5 SEC and 5 SECT in a decade.

He exceeded some UK standards. He never W fewer than 22 games at UK. He never missed the NCAA tournament or failed to W at least 1 NCAA game. No other UK coach can make those claims. None.

and let some uk fans tell it billy g is a better coach who will get kentucky further more often than tubby. Im not saying he wont, but i dont see what he'sdone to show them that but show up and look different than tubby. that said billy g will never go undefeated in the conference, win a ff, or bring in a number 1 recruiting class no matter how young he offers them. at least we have a better chance of it because we have the coach that has done it before. GO GOPHERS!

MOST are neither. The vast majority. But many are, some are, a few are (as I said previously).

But that can be said about any group of people...

I feel UK fans aren't getting a fair shake on this board based on the actions of a very, very small amount of overly vocal and obnoxious UK fans.

I am just trying to extend the olive branch to change some stereotypes that seem to perpetuate regarding Kentucky fans.

and let some uk fans tell it billy g is a better coach who will get kentucky further more often than tubby. Im not saying he wont, but i dont see what he'sdone to show them that but show up and look different than tubby. that said billy g will never go undefeated in the conference, win a ff, or bring in a number 1 recruiting class no matter how young he offers them. at least we have a better chance of it because we have the coach that has done it before. GO GOPHERS!

I actually think Gillispie is an excellent fit at UK. He is 24/7/365 about basketball. He has no family. He has no outside interests whatsoever. He's only basketball. That's what UK wants.

Tubby got UK to the NCAA title. Gillispie can only hope to tie that, not exceed it.

Tubby has a MUCH better career record (423-161) than Gillispie (132-75) does. Even more so in NCAA games (29-13 for Tubby, 3-4 for Gillispie).

But that can be said about any group of people...

I feel UK fans aren't getting a fair shake on this board based on the actions of a very, very small amount of overly vocal and obnoxious UK fans.

I am just trying to extend the olive branch to change some stereotypes that seem to perpetuate regarding Kentucky fans.

It's NOT a very, very small or vocal group. It's a significant portion of the UK fanbase. Not most but MANY of them.

Baloney. You may be one of those Idiots that I mentioned.

I deal strictly in facts. UK averages 2 FF per decade, Tubby made 1. UK averages 5 Elite 8 per decade, Tubby made 4. UK averages 1 NC per decade, Tubby won 1. UK averages 6 Sweet 16 per decade, Tubby won 6. UK averages winning SEC and SECT about 50% of the time. Tubby won 5 SEC and 5 SECT in a decade.

He exceeded some UK standards. He never W fewer than 22 games at UK. He never missed the NCAA tournament or failed to W at least 1 NCAA game. No other UK coach can make those claims. None.

Do you call the UT fans who wanted Fulmer gone idiots or racists? How about those in Ann Arbor who forced Lloyd Carr out all because he could no longer beat Ohio State? Or how about the Kansas fans that were dissatisfied with Bill Self's tournament performance.

You can spin numbers all day because you're very good at that. He couldn't get over the hump again in the tournament (the hump that matters for programs like Kentucky), recruiting was suffering and his last two seasons were awful. UK was irrelevant nationally and within the conference. He had nine seasons to disprove his doubters and prove right his supporters.

This is coming from one of Coach Smith's supporters and was truly sorry to see him go but things had to change and Coach Smith seemed to be unwilling or unable to do them. Of course, in your eyes Coach Smith never made one mistake at Kentucky. You're a very sad, sorry individual.

You're preaching to the choir

Just growing weary of all the Kentucky threads. Thought we'd be past all that by now two years in. Kentucky has a good basketball coach, so do the Gophers. Generally speaking sounds like both fan bases are happy with their current coach, so what's the problem? Let's turn the page.

Just growing weary of all the Kentucky threads. Thought we'd be past all that by now two years in. Kentucky has a good basketball coach, so do the Gophers. Generally speaking sounds like both fan bases are happy with their current coach, so what's the problem? Let's turn the page.

Getting on this board to follow Coach Smith and the Gophers and seeing posts classifying me as a racist or an idiot is a distinct problem. The internet does not exist in a vacuum. If I see something that I believe is fundamentally wrong and offends me you're dang well right I'm going to respond.

I was here following the Wisconsin game and was just as excited as any Gopher fan. Didn't see FoT around. He only comes around to point out the messiah like properties of Coach Smith or assign blame to others when they dare question Coach Smith's decisions.

Do you call the UT fans who wanted Fulmer gone idiots or racists? How about those in Ann Arbor who forced Lloyd Carr out all because he could no longer beat Ohio State? Or how about the Kansas fans that were dissatisfied with Bill Self's tournament performance.

You can spin numbers all day because you're very good at that. He couldn't get over the hump again in the tournament (the hump that matters for programs like Kentucky), recruiting was suffering and his last two seasons were awful. UK was irrelevant nationally and within the conference. He had nine seasons to disprove his doubters and prove right his supporters.

This is coming from one of Coach Smith's supporters and was truly sorry to see him go but things had to change and Coach Smith seemed to be unwilling or unable to do them. Of course, in your eyes Coach Smith never made one mistake at Kentucky. You're a very sad, sorry individual.

Yes, plenty of idiots in Tennessee or Michigan. Not so many in Kansas. Bill Self is topnotch.

UK was not irrelevant nationally or in SEC at all. UK had 2 subpar years after 8 very good ones (15 really, if you go back far enough). UK had subpar years before and Gillispie will have them, too.

I never said anything of the sort that you attributed to me in your last paragraph. More baloney.

Anybody who knows Tubby is aware of why he left. He's happier than he's been in 10 years. Good.

Gophers are a great fit for Tubby. Good basketball tradition, not so much lately. Good basketball talent in the state and nearby areas. Strong, fervent fanbase. Great arena for basketball. Perfect match for both.

Gillispie is great fit in Kentucky. Basketball 24/7/365 for him. No family. No outside interests or hobbies. Basketball from Pillow Up to Pillow Down and probably in his dreams.

Getting on this board to follow Coach Smith and the Gophers and seeing posts classifying me as a racist or an idiot is a distinct problem. The internet does not exist in a vacuum. If I see something that I believe is fundamentally wrong and offends me you're dang well right I'm going to respond.

I was here following the Wisconsin game and was just as excited as any Gopher fan. Didn't see FoT around. He only comes around to point out the messiah like properties of Coach Smith or assign blame to others when they dare question Coach Smith's decisions.

That's false (again). I certainly was on here the night of the Wisky game. My wife and I went out to dinner that night so it was pretty late. Maybe you were asleep already?

I have Kentucky fatigue.

Here's the only thing I want to hear about Kentucky. "Oh great, Kentucky won again. That's awesome because it helps the Gophers RPI as Minnesota beat Louisville, which beat the Wildcats."

That's it.

When it comes to Kentucky/Tubby on this board, too many people want it both ways. Some Cat fans want to blame Tubby for their problems, but not give him any credit for what's happening in Minnesota. Some Gophers fans want to say how Tubby recruited Meeks and the like, but not give Dan Monson any credit for recruiting players here.

Hence, I have UK-fatigue.

Top Bottom