Why don't we just let this one go...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'm REALLY hoping we don't see a Badger board-like meltdown like they had on Thursday after this loss for the Gophers. I hope we aren't that pathetic.

Gophers had a bad half (bad full game really) against an opponent that can be really tough to play.

NU played about a perfect game for them, Moore was hot from long range.

Let's move on, forget about one bad game before people think the sky is falling. It's tough to win on the road in the BT, we all knew that.

Agree completely, Ogee! Not the end of the world, not entirely a surprise that we had a letdown, credit to NU for playing, as you said, "about a perfect game for them." It was hard to watch, but it doesn't mean the season is over. Before it began, we all knew we had a young team that would have ups and downs. Well, this was our "down." That's that.

Absolutely-a split on that road swing is certainly acceptable. This isn't a BT championship team YET, but it's a tournament team that will be better in March than it is today. Carter and Bostick will be better fits as the days go on, Iverson and Sampson will continue to grow, and Joseph will become a more viable PG option. And Hoff can't stay frozen forever.
They lost today, but this team is all upside.

Win vs. Purdue

The sad part is that many of the "season is over guys" will be saying how great we are if we beat Purdue next week. We are sitting so strong at 16-2. Now lets get ready for the boilermakers.

You have many times heard me say it: Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, We have today that is a gift, called the Present. We won at Wiskey...History; We lost to NU....History. We ended up 1-1 on a tough road trip. That is REALITY!!!!!!Who'd a thunk that????????????? Go Gophers....Get Boilers!!!!!!

A win over a ranked Purdue team would help to calm all of the "we suck now, this season is over" type of people.

Top Bottom