Hoffarber

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
He has gone into a JAS-esque slump. Hopefully, unlike Abu-Shamala, it doesn't take a year to get out of the slump.

He's a Big Ten quality role player, but could be our 10th man his senior year with recruits like Rodney Williams. His limitations have been exposed. He'll find his stroke again, but we found that he offers little when it's not there.

Blake...DRIVE IN THE LANE AND GET TO THE FREE THROW LINE!!!!! When shooters get into slumps then need to do other things to get out of it, whenever I was off from the 3-point line I would do what I could to get to the free throw line and after that it came back. All Blake does is keep jacking up 3's when he has the chance to drive in a couple times...

I actually disagree w/ the heart of this thread. yes, The Hoff is in a horrible shooting slump, no doubt about it. but I think he has taken this opportunity to develop the rest of his game; last year he was a one-trick pony and a defensive liability. he must have focused on defense this summer because that has been improving throughout the season. however, since the B10 season started, as the shooting has gone downhill, he has improved his rebounding, assists, ball-handling, and energy level (he mixes it up and gets on the floor now)...I think he is becoming a more multi-faceted player. I don't know whether Blake himself or Tubby encouraged him to forget about the scoring woes and focus on the other things he can bring to the floor, but I love it. he'll be that much better when the shot comes back, which it WILL come back. pure shooters go through slumps but it always returns.

Blake will find his stroke again. I agree he has definitely improved the other aspects of his game. Although he is missing threes, which all players do, he still hustles and works his tail off, something I love to see in a kid.

Why do people think Hoffarber is such a good player? Just because he can shoot threes everyone thinks he is the greatest. He actually is the worst defender out of all of the guards, by far! He hasn't improved that much like hofferette seems to think. If you put him on Trevon Hughes he would get destroyed!

Stop with the homerism and the false fantasy views on him! Please!

I actually disagree w/ the heart of this thread. yes, The Hoff is in a horrible shooting slump, no doubt about it. but I think he has taken this opportunity to develop the rest of his game; last year he was a one-trick pony and a defensive liability. he must have focused on defense this summer because that has been improving throughout the season. however, since the B10 season started, as the shooting has gone downhill, he has improved his rebounding, assists, ball-handling, and energy level (he mixes it up and gets on the floor now)...I think he is becoming a more multi-faceted player. I don't know whether Blake himself or Tubby encouraged him to forget about the scoring woes and focus on the other things he can bring to the floor, but I love it. he'll be that much better when the shot comes back, which it WILL come back. pure shooters go through slumps but it always returns.

I don't like ripping on our players, but for some reason he was guarding Moore yesterday and the Hoff got lit up. I agree he is quicker this year and has been better on defense most of the year, but his D was not pretty yesterday. I personally thought at the time we should have put Nolen or DJ on Moore--just one of our best defenders. You should not let the other team's best player beat you.

I dont know what i saw more of yesterday......Hoff missing open jumpers or Hoff getting picked and Moore draining open 3's. If the guy isnt making shots he's a liability on the floor.

Hoffarber is good enough to play on any Big Ten team, but probably isn't going to be all conference and might be an #8-10 caliber player in the long range rotation.

He's not athletic or quick enough to take his guy off the dribble. He's a nice player, but not the 2nd coming of Kevin Lynch. It will be interesting to see if he continues to get 25 minutes a game.

He has gone into a JAS-esque slump. Hopefully, unlike Abu-Shamala, it doesn't take a year to get out of the slump.

He's shot poorly pretty much since his ankle injury. It might be one of those things where he hasn't corrected back yet. He's still one of our most consistent players in all aspects of the game, but I think he should be playing against our opponents' weakest offensive players, not hot shooters like Moore.

As far as "benching him until he starts shooting again", as many have proposed, how ridiculous is that? If he doesn't play when will we know that he's on fire again? Also, even if he isn't making shots, the threat of him shooting takes one of their defenders way out onto the perimeter to guard him. Theoretically, the threat of Hoff should then open up our inside game. But because our inside game is very young and inexperienced yet, we're not taking advantage of that. Hoff could be a huge game breaker in the next two years if Iverson and RSIII improve on their inside offensive game and if White or Williams adds another drive-and-dish threat.

I think next year Bostick starts with Hoff taking his position off the bench. They have similar games; Hoff is a bit better outside shooter and has better fundamentals, Bostick a bit quicker and flashier.

Who is Bostick going to replace in the starting line-up next season?

Top Bottom