Not aggressive enough on offense

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Gophers are missing some opportunities for open looks when they break the backcourt press and get it across halfcourt. They're content with just getting it into the frontcourt when I think they could be getting some easy looks if they pushed it a little.

Not overly concerned with only being up 3, considering they haven't taken a FT, turned it over 9 (?) times, and Northwestern has taken advantage of those TO's.

Take care of the ball and they'll be in good shape. Defense is actually playing really well, really defending the backdoor well, left a couple of shooters open for 3's but not too bad. A couple of those came on chaotic, panic type plays, after loose balls, etc.

Turn up the D!!!!!

this team is terrible in the half court offense and that is why i have been asking if royce and williams can take you off the dribble

we put up 53 on the road at iowa which was almost unwatchable offensively

against bucky we were brutal most of the night except the last 7 minutes

and today was scary bad.....i dont think we shot a free throw the first half

we are not as good as people think because our half court offense cant create anything ....we dont have guys who can get by you

I wouldn't say that we're "terrible" on offense. I think that's stretching it a bit.

We simply had one REALLY bad half of offensive execution. We actually played a pretty decent first half, but we were putrid in the second half.

We were just too passive in the second half and that's what killed us.

Couldn't solve that 1-3-1 defense

The Wildcats threw something at the guys that they couldn't handle. It seemed pretty obvious that they didn't know how to attack that D. Guys picked up their dribble in bad places and the off-ball guys weren't finding soft spots and making themselves available.

Learning experience...

I wouldn't say that we're "terrible" on offense. I think that's stretching it a bit.

We simply had one REALLY bad half of offensive execution. We actually played a pretty decent first half, but we were putrid in the second half.

We were just too passive in the second half and that's what killed us.

the 3's were falling some in the first half

and werent in the second half

when they are not hitting 3's........our half court offense is dam near hopeless

Yeah, but that's the same with any team. Any team will look bad when shots aren't falling. Purdue looked just as bad in the first half against Northwestern on Thursday as we did in the second half today.

As a team, we actually shoot the ball pretty well. Today, I agree, we didn't get the ball into the right spots to successfully attack the zone. And even when we did, we didn't hit shots. But I wouldn't conclude that we're a bad offensive team just because of one half of atrociousness.

Top Bottom