Name the BTN Advertisers Thread

skoalvikings

Reaction score
State Farm Insurance
Wall Street Journal (although this was probably a freebie for Rubert Murdoch as a thank you for the early DirecTV BTN relationship.

How do they pay the bills? Promo after promo after promo.

a couple of low quality spots
-brand power-medicine
-debt group
-some inventor group

How do they pay the bills?

They only have about 2 cameras, and I don't think they spend a lot on their commentators.

How do they pay the bills? Promo after promo after promo.

The promos get old...instead of the promos why not just show more of the game entertainment - you know, more danceteams, cheerleaders, fans, and mascots? We don't need the same 8 promos running over and over and over again.

That said, I thought BTN was making most of their money off of subscriber fees, not ads. Does anyone know if BTN is in the black or the red and how severe is it either way?

i read an article in the Wisconsin State Journal (My parents live in Madison, I go to the U) that the BTN is hemmoraging money.

Ya I heard that too Gopher Golder. I guess as part of the Big Ten Network contact is that each athletic department gets "X" dollars a year in revenue. So a simple way to stop the BTN to stop losing money would be restucture the contact with the schools. With each school AD being a smart person this has been talked about and ever AD is in favor of doing it to keep the Network on the air because it only helps them on the long run, EXCEPT the OSU AD. Now if know follow OSU athletics at all its pretty easy to tell they have more money than they know what to do with. (I still think Matta is/has paying the players under the table. What the old joke OSU basketball players hate going to the NBA because they have to take a pay cut.) Know I don't like OSU anyway(I think the O-H-I-O cheer is about the level of education they recieve there) but if the BTN goes under and this is the reason it would really make me hate the school.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of the BTN--I hate the weird game times we end up with, but I love seeing so many games in HD. I think they have at least one HD camera making the rounds that is in pretty bad shape--the UMich OSU game on Saturday was almost unwatchable from the center court camera. I hope they make it, but I don't see how they can survive without a couple more advertisers.

i read an article in the Wisconsin State Journal (My parents live in Madison, I go to the U) that the BTN is hemmoraging money.

When did that article come out? I was under the impression that after they signed the deal with Comcast that they got much healthier financially. I've heard they get over $6 million per month from Comcast. I would think that helps.

Top Bottom