Family of 4 looking for tickets

xcleox

Reaction score
I'm looking for 4 tickets to either the 1/22 Purdue game, 2/22 NW game, 3/4 Wisconsin game or the 3/8 Michigan game. I've been looking at the ticket outlet websites and can't find any decent tickets for less than $100 a piece. Is that what it takes to go to a Gopher game or can we find something a little more reasonable? If so how? The only tickets available via the Gopher site seems like the upper deck corner areas, I'm assuming they are obstructed view tickets. If anyone has tickets let me know how to get a hold of you. Any other ideas would be appreciated too. Love to take the kids to see the Gophs. It's been an unbelievable year so far!

They don't sell obstructed view tickets on-line at gophersports.com. They all are unobstructed.

They don't sell obstructed view tickets on-line at gophersports.com. They all are unobstructed.

They do sell obstructed seats, but a window will pop up letting you know they are obstructed. You aren't going to find lower deck seats below face value, at least not this year. The upper deck seats will be fine. The Barn isn't the target center.

Some observations:

• Getting four seats together in a good area is tricky and going to a broker is about your only option with any probability of success.
  • Any lower level seats are going to be obstructed view ... but that has different meanings. Sometimes the obstructed view means you can see the court okay but you're too far back under the overhang to see the score board. Other times, your view of the court may be truly obstructed. Before I got season tickets, the ticket staff could generally help me figure it out.
  • Hardly any second level seats are obstructed and while the players look far away, it's hardly like the ant-like players you see at the upper levels of the Target Center. Actually, the upper level seats can be pretty educational because you get a much better idea of the offensive sets and the defensive positioning. (Your kids will really understand the difference between the zone and man defenses up there and how cutting to the basket can pay off from that perspective)
  • If you opt for getting lower level tickets via the scalpers outside the Barn, you probably won't get four together. But if you get two pairs and both pairs are in the same section, you may be able to swap tickets with the seats on either side of one of your pair and get everyone together that way. That will more likely work if the seats you're offering to swap are a few rows down from your other tickets. This strategy isn't fool-proof but certainly less expensive.

They do sell obstructed seats, but a window will pop up letting you know they are obstructed. You aren't going to find lower deck seats below face value, at least not this year. The upper deck seats will be fine. The Barn isn't the target center.

Yes, this is what I should have said. I bought some tickets to the WI game last year, and the ticket office told me that if they are obstructed, they'll tell you.

Top Bottom