Recruiting

Goldmember

Reaction score
After reading and listening to people who question why athletes want to play at Minnesota, I have started to realize that most of the people who don't "understand" why Minnesota is so attractive to athletes, are pretty much all the same.

The people who seem to think that Nore Dame, Miami, Nebraska or somewhere like Oklahoma State are the ultimate choice for college athletes are completely out-of-touch. These people are generally fat, married, middle-aged, extremely white, men who live in the suburbs or a rural area and secretly hope to become famous so they can cheat on their wife. Most also like to golf. Several went to an MIAC school.

If these people could see how most recruits look at things, it would be far less confusing. These people are unable to understand that the way a high-school kid informs themselves in 1988 is very different than 2008. It's a more honest process today. And. frankly, the U has more to offer most young athletes. So, in 2008, it isn't hard to expect that Minnesota has a natural edge over most D1 schools in recruiting.

You mean there is more to college than just football?

Mpls and St. Paul are great cities to live in and go to school in. I have lived in Lincoln, NE; Tallahassee, FL and Mpls. I can assure you, we have a lot to offer kids that are looking for a life experience in addition to a great football experience.

The people who seem to think that Nore Dame, Miami, Nebraska or somewhere like Oklahoma State are the ultimate choice for college athletes are completely out-of-touch. These people are generally fat, married, middle-aged, extremely white, men who live in the suburbs or a rural area and secretly hope to become famous so they can cheat on their wife. Most also like to golf. Several went to an MIAC school.
What does ethnicity have to do with it?

Do you work for Zogby or Gallup?

I enjoyed your scientific polls. Were they performed as fans exited the Metrodome last night?

Also, please provide us with more information as to what the average Division 1 recruit thinks. What schools offered you? What was it that you were looking for? Coach Brewster can always use the help.:rolleyes:

True, every recruit looks for something different when it comes to schools.

Winning probably factors in somewhat, but there are a million other factors as well. Trying to break it down to just a few factors is fighting a losing battle.

That's part of what makes the process both interesting and difficult all at the same time.

Do you guys think that we have a shot at Sheldon R:cool:ichardson

i don't think we do but i think i speak for most of us fans that we would probably fall over if he were to come here

Those fat, middle aged white guys from the MIAC who play golf may have a stroke if Richardson comes here.

too funny goldmember. a classic post imo!

After reading and listening to people who question why athletes want to play at Minnesota, I have started to realize that most of the people who don't "understand" why Minnesota is so attractive to athletes, are pretty much all the same.

If these people could see how most recruits look at things, it would be far less confusing. These people are unable to understand that the way a high-school kid informs themselves in 1988 is very different than 2008. It's a more honest process today. And. frankly, the U has more to offer most young athletes. So, in 2008, it isn't hard to expect that Minnesota has a natural edge over most D1 schools in recruiting.

LOL! how does that saying go again? oh yeah: "its funny.....because its TRUE".

Top Bottom