Your favorite team OTHER than Minnesota?

GopherCrazy

Pressbox
Reaction score
After The good ole gophers, Who's your next favorite Basketball team?

1. Texas

2. Mich. St.

3. Anybody playing: TX A&M, Oklahoma, Badgers, Kentucky, aaaaaand UNC

Gophers are obviously #1

After that it's:

2. UNC (sorry)
3. Anybody playing Dook.
4. Any underdog.

Grew up watching Gary Payton and Oregon State routinely challenge UCLA and Arizona for Pac-10 supremacy. Hard to believe they've totaled exactly one winning season - and just barely above .500 at that - since Payton graduated. They were really, really good back then.

1. Duke/Winona State
2. Anybody who plays Wisconsin
3. Anybody who plays UNC, how cany anybody like Hansborough he airballs more than any other player in college basketball and barely gets touched and refs call a foul. Cole Aldrich dominated this guy.
4. Kansas

Marquette is my second-favorite team. I grew up watching them in Milwaukee, and was at an all-time high during the wade and diener years. I am not old enough for the Al McGuire team, though:)

I never really thought this out. With the question posed I would have to say Northwestern is my second favorite.

I always find myself cheering for them if they are playing anyone besides the Gophers. I have a thing for the underdog in general.

-Iowa State

-Any other Big Ten team besides Wiscy and Iowa

-Anyone playing Wiscy and Iowa

-Anyone playing UNC or Duke

Duke. Has been since I was 5. Not sure how it happened so don't hate me much more than you already do.

Kansas - My brother went there and I have been a fan ever since. One of the best places to watch a college BB game.

My favorite team is the Ohio State Buckeyes :)
I root for all the other Big Ten teams in nonconference games & I also root for the teams that will help OSU's RPI.

I Have 3 Favorites

Cincinnati because I grew up there in the days of Oscar Robertson and 5 straight FF appearances.

(OT the Gophers were UC's first opponent in their new on-campus arena in 1989. UC won won a last second "prayer" shot by a football walk-on. I was lucky enough to be there that night.)

Kentucky because I lived in Northern Kentucky (across river from Cincy) and Rupps Runts captivated the state in 1966.

And Purdue because I am a graduate and went to school there (1969-74) starting when Rick Mount was at his best. The Gophers have always been a tough B10 opponent particularly in The Barn.

1. MINNESOTA GOPHERS
2. Youngstown State Penguins (Where I attend school......Heading back to the 300's in the RPI's are the Penguins. I know I've also said it before, but this is the school where Devron Bostick had signed his original LOI to attend._
3. Butler Bulldogs (Had a cousin who played there in the late 90's. Was on the team that blew a late lead in the first round of the NCAA's to Florida.
4. Whoever plays Ohio State (I've lived in Ohio my whole life and Buckeye fans are "the most annoying fans in the damn land")

1. Duke
2. Anybody playing UNC, Maryland, Wisconsin, or Iowa
3. Teams I like to see do well: Marquette, Texas, Louisville, Stanford, and Davidson
4. Teams I like to see lose because I just don't like them, but not at the level of UNC, Becky, Herky, and Maryland: UConn, Kentucky, and Tennessee
5. BT team I don't mind seeing have success: Mich St.
6. BT team other than Becky and Herky I like to see fail: Indiana

1. Arizona St.
2. Marquette (this year, based on their players)
3. Anyone playing Kentucky, Bucky, Dookie.

1. Anyone playing Michigan, Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and Florida

I don't have a 2nd favorite team, but don't mind cheering in the NCAA's for Stanford, Marquette, Iowa State, and UCLA.

After the Gophers???

North Dakota State University...Leading the Summit League and 1/2 game ahead of Oral Roberts.

Anyone playing Iowa Suckeyes and Wiskey.

This one should be a slam dunk for anyone who's been paying any attention over the past years...

1. Vanderbilt

2. Syracuse

Also, I'm a fan of teams that play in old barns, like our own, so I tend to pull for Oklahoma State, and to a lesser extent, Oregon. But not nearly as much as the Commodores.

Living in Arizona I've developed a fondness for Arizona State. Herb Sendek is building a nice program down here. James Harden is fun to watch too.

Top Bottom