The hicks can go home and the curse is over

maroonfive

Reaction score
What a fitting end for the reign in that rented building. The football gods have spoken and felt there should not be a happy ending in that building.
That home was never ours to begin with and now it is over. No more blue seats, no more stale air, no more Hawkeye and Badger fans taking over the stadium.
This will not happen in TCF Bank Stadium, why? Because the Hawkeye fans that I say last night were old, fat, drunk, uneducated, and I do not believe these are the type of people who are going to sit out in cold weather with no alcohol.
We made it very comforable for these visiting fans to come to Minneapolis. They can't get tickets in Madison in Iowa City and when they come here they are guaranteed seats and good weather inside the dome.
The passion that the Iowa fans have is great but what I observed is quite laughable. Driving down the Nicollet Mall, taking pictures of the IDS building. It was apparent that most of these folks did not graduate from the University of Iowa and any college for that matter. I understand that they are the only game in town but it is quite laughable.
We should be proud of what we have here. If we had a border battle with Iowa it would be a blowout. The Iowa athletic program is terrible. A great University has a well rounded athletic program. Iowa would never win the border battle.
We can finally look forward to a new beginning. The demons of the Metrodome have been let out the revolving door. The Hawkeye and Badger dominance in football over the Gophers is now over. Goldy may have been lost and met some people that were not very nice but is finally being sent home. Gopher fans click your maroon heels together, there is no place like home.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really have issues...No wonder native Iowans laugh at Minnesotans

You give the teams and the coaches too much credit if you think the dome had anything to do with losing. We have endured bad fan support, bad enviornment, bad everything, but it all is on the bad players and the bad coaches. Good riddence to the Dump, but I refuse to blame a building for our woes. Maybe putting some effort into trying to win will cure what's wrong with this team.

native Iowans laughing at Minnesotans?? :eek:

Now that is funny.

Bad Fan Defined

maroonfive:

Grow up. Get some class. You embarass me. You too MrJ.

Believe me I saw what I saw

and heard what I heard at the game last night. There is no urban legend as far as Iowans go. If I saw a skyscraper for the first time I might take a picture of it also. If I was 7 years old.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Twin Cities but pulling the big city elitism routine is a little curious. Minneapolis isn't exactly New York.

Khaliq,

True. Minneapolis isn't New York. But Des Moines isn't Minneapolis either.

Have been to all three and I speak from experience on this one.

I find it laughable that any population of any state "laughs" at another one over a football game. How lame is that? My laughing has to do with the idiotic statement made by a hawkeye who claims to be a minnesotan :confused: earlier in this thread.

Situations like this are ripe for stupid comments by all involved. I'm not trying to start a war between iowa and minnesota, but I find it interesting that hawkeyes that live in minnesota are so insulted by "fellow" minnesotans who actually cheer for a minnesota team?? Wow. the truth is stupidity comes from all angles in situations like this, whether it be from minnesota or iowa. Or as George Carlin once put it "just think how stupid the average person is and then realize that half the people out there are stupider than that."

Time to move on.

Khaliq,

True. Minneapolis isn't New York. But Des Moines isn't Minneapolis either.

Have been to all three and I speak from experience on this one.

I find it laughable that any population of any state "laughs" at another one over a football game. How lame is that? My laughing has to do with the idiotic statement made by a hawkeye who claims to be a minnesotan :confused: earlier in this thread.

Situations like this are ripe for stupid comments by all involved. I'm not trying to start a war between iowa and minnesota, but I find it interesting that hawkeyes that live in minnesota are so insulted by "fellow" minnesotans who actually cheer for a minnesota team?? Wow. the truth is stupidity comes from all angles in situations like this, whether it be from minnesota or iowa. Or as George Carlin once put it "just think how stupid the average person is and then realize that half the people out there are stupider than that."

Time to move on.

I am a Minnesotan..get over it..Some of us had parents that went to the U of Iowa..Not everyone in the state goes to the "U." It is hard not to laugh at the sour graps shown by people like you on this board..I doubt you can even skate.

hey xlaker & salaunese (or whatever in the hell your moniker is)

maroonfive:

Grow up. Get some class. You embarass me. You too MrJ.

please. enough of the lectures. and like clockwork over the last few days a couple of hogeye fans makes their first posts on gopherhole posing as the classic "critical" gopher fan/observer. how wonderful! congrats on successfully registering, writing your first few "critical" posts and basically welcome to our board.......where i am sure you will show up from time to time claiming (as MRJ noted) to be sooooo insulted by us "native" (which is a word you seem to like) minnesotans cheering for our teams. too f-ing bad if you don't want to read about people's feelings towards ioweee. if you don't want to hear it then don't troll on these message boards. go back to your hogeye site, talk about the latest farm report and piss off.

great original post maroonfive. well said.....and as always....very true

"I doubt you can skate" and "yet you live in duluth??"

That's the best you can come up with??

Thanks for proving my point regarding stupidity. There is nothing but inflammatory language being spewed by both sides at this point, which is ultimately counter productive and limits discussion.

Certainly, maroon's comment was inflamamtory, but so was Sal's and unfortunately, mine as well. :( (See paragraph three.)

In any case, I'm curious why you find Minnesota fans, that you termed "fat and old" to be embarrasing when they are supporting the home university. Certainly, as a Hawk fan living in Minnesota, you have a unique insight. But my question would be "what were you expecting exactly?" when it came to Gopher fans? I mean, the 'U" is the state university and people are going to support the home state.

Was it their behavior that ticked you off or was it their age or the fact that they were fat? I just don't get it. Of course, I could ask maroon the same question regarding Hawkeye fans.

But overall, there is way too much emotion going on here to discuss why everyone is "laughing" at the other's fan base.

Top Bottom