Isn't interesting

freshtrout

Reaction score
that ESPN has not given any airtime to the Gopher/Badger game? I've watched last night, this morning, and today (with all of the talk shows).... nothing.....We must really be in fly-over-land. Or, not on the East Coast.

That's truly amazing. It's not like there was a ton of high profile games last night - I think 3 or 4 top 25 games at most.

I almost think we will have to win the NCAA tourney to get any pub. That said, flying under the radar a bit is OK too. It's just frustrating that the East coast talking heads are totally oblivious.

There was one instance on sportscenter this morning when our highlight was being run that one of the sports anchors said 'It sure looks like Tubby has quite a team up in Minnesota.' To me that qualifies as some respect. IMO I'm not sure I want to see this team in the limelight yet. Look what happened to the football team when the national recognition started to come. Again, just my opinion though, go get them in Evanston Gophs! I can't even imagine how much the Barn will be rocking next Thursday if the Gophs come home with two wins on this roadtrip. Go Gophers!

Actually last night on College basketball final (11:30 p.m.) they gave quite a bit of time to the Gopher victory over Becky. Fran Fracella (spelling) was quite complimentary toward our Gophers.

I was away from home Thursday night and caught SportsCenter Friday morning. IMO, the Gophers got a sufficient amount of air time when I was watching.

Somehow I missed all of that...glad to read there was recognition.

Somehow you must have missed it because I know I saw it a couple times--I think SportsCenter had a couple highlights and their college basketball shows had stuff.

The difference between the football team and basketball team being in the limelight is that the football coach is Brewster and the basketball coach is Tubby. Tubby won't let this team get rattled by national attention.

Actually last night on College basketball final (11:30 p.m.) they gave quite a bit of time to the Gopher victory over Becky. Fran Fracella (spelling) was quite complimentary toward our Gophers.

You must have missed the part when the other analyst said he is not impressed with the Gophers and he isn't sold on them being an NCAA team. "I saw them struggle on the road in Iowa..." yada yada

Top Bottom