Email from a Badger student

WestBank08

Reaction score
Hey all, I have read on this site for a while, but here is my first post. I'm an 08 U grad.

So my buddy went to the game last night, as he is a UW student. I was receiving texts from him for most of the game making fun of the gophers. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun texting him back after the game. But here is the perspective of someone in Madison, after all was said and done, he wrote me this email:

Not sure how Wisconsin lost that one. After being up all game because
they could easily handle the Gophers full court press and zone
defense, the Gophers threw the Badgers a curveball by playing full
court press and zone defense to end regulation.

It's really tough to see the Gophers with a number next to their name.
Really tough.

It was really odd that only 3 Badgers scored in the first half.
Normally they're well balanced.

This loss was much worse than North Dakota State, because the Badgers
don't recruit from the same pool as the North Dakota Staters. This could
have long term effects for both teams because of recruiting.

I've never seen the Kohl Center, and the city as deflated as it was after
that game.

Congrats on winning at Herb Kohl's Fun Park.

Welcome to the board

Hey all, I have read on this site for a while, but here is my first post. I'm an 08 U grad.

So my buddy went to the game last night, as he is a UW student. I was receiving texts from him for most of the game making fun of the gophers. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun texting him back after the game. But here is the perspective of someone in Madison, after all was said and done, he wrote me this email:

Not sure how Wisconsin lost that one. After being up all game because
they could easily handle the Gophers full court press and zone
defense, the Gophers threw the Badgers a curveball by playing full
court press and zone defense to end regulation.

It's really tough to see the Gophers with a number next to their name.
Really tough.

It was really odd that only 3 Badgers scored in the first half.
Normally they're well balanced.

This loss was much worse than North Dakota State, because the Badgers
don't recruit from the same pool as the North Dakota Staters. This could
have long term effects for both teams because of recruiting.

I've never seen the Kohl Center, and the city as deflated as it was after
that game.

Congrats on winning at Herb Kohl's Fun Park.

West Bank08 - thanks for sharing this. I liked his comment about recruiting - I agree, and really don't worry about recruiting anymore. I used to worry about Iowa and Wisconsin, but now I honestly feel that we can compete with the UNC's, KU's, and MSU's.

Keep on posting!

In regards to his texts during the game making fun of the gophers...I have a few Wisconsin friends that do this as well. They seem to think the gophers are like their little brother and can pick on them when they want and always get their way in the end. It's been a long time since we have had the pleasure to return those text messages with a smile and head held high.

What makes me most happy is you can tell Wisconsin fans are nervous. Nervous that their border rival has Tubby, shutting down the borders, and beating them!

West Bank08 - thanks for sharing this. I liked his comment about recruiting - I agree, and really don't worry about recruiting anymore. I used to worry about Iowa and Wisconsin, but now I honestly feel that we can compete with the UNC's, KU's, and MSU's.

Keep on posting!

I think the smarter Wisc fans are probably starting to get worried about losing all their good home state recruits to Tubby--assuming any of them are close to as good as the our in state guys. If Bo loses both the good Wisc and Minn recruits, the Badgers will be back to competing with NW for the cellar as they did for oh so many years.

;)

Once again I feel compelled to thank all the Minnesota kids that did not leave the state and instead gave all they had for the home team during the leaner years.

Top Bottom