Best one I've seen yet!

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
:):) Even most of the Sconny fans lambast him/her.

I especially like the part about great restraint for not getting a T and how the refs had to be paid off!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=3782501

Posted: Today 7:54 AM

Horrendous officiating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we played poorly down the stretch. Yes we should have won this game 10 different ways... BUT

...the officiating was unbelievable. Our players were getting visibly hammered on their "presses" with barely any getting called. There were also numerous traveling no-calls that should have gone against MN. Great restraint by the players and coaches to avoid getting a technical.

If we had only mediocre officiating we win this game by a wide margin down the stretch at the line. The poor officiating was definitely a significant factor. I had to wonder if someone was paid off... it was that bad.

Pressing is a lot easier if you are allowed to foul the person bringing the ball up the court. I think that clearly had an impact on the numerous turnovers throughout the game.

The game was very ugly, but the Badgers also had one of their best stretches of the year in the middle. Quite impressive. Too bad it was a wasted effort.

This was a bad loss for the team, it will be interesting to see if they have the wherewithal to come back. Hughes faded a bit last year at this time, hopefully he doesn't repeat this year.

Minnesota is a much improved team. You have to give them props for conditioning. They were relentless on Hughes, which was clearly their game plan. They doubled and tripled him almost every time he was coming up the floor.

The good news is that this game provides a great opportunity for learning. They should have won it on the court, and despite the mistakes still should have won it if the officiating were fair.

Oh my...

"Bo who is typically pretty reserved on the sidelines was practically doing back flips at times, so I believe he probably saw it similarly. He almost always has something to say to officials, but he usually doesn't react the way he did last night. To his and the teams credit they didn't pout at the bad calls, or get T'd up, which is a sign of a well coached team. I don't think they gave up because of the way the game was called, but I do think it had a decisive impact in the game. Us playing better at any of 10 points in the last 3 minutes would also have been decisive. We clearly could have overcome the officiating and didn't, but to pretend like it wasn't a factor or is never a factor is just as wrong as saying it is always a factor."

Wow. Really? I can't believe this person actually believes this. Wow. This guy should have his head examined.

I was just about to post the exact same thing, Madman. That was laugh-out-loud funny.

Top Bottom