Qustion about Home games on BTN

hinjon

Reaction score
Since I have season tickets, I have not watched a home game on TV yet this year. When BTN broadcasts from the Barn, is it broadcasted in Full HD or just that ESPN2 type HD that looks a little better than standard quality, but is still only a 4:3 aspect ratio?

Just curious.

All Big Ten Network games are full HD.

I actually like BTN's HD... Its pretty crisp and nice to look at, instead of that crap they put on CBS.

and watching the gopher hockey games in HD are just as sweet as candy!

It's in 16:9 aspect ratio...720p display resolution I believe. ESPN2 HD when broadcasting in standard def is not nearly HD, not even close. Being that it is shown in 4:3 aspect ratio is the clear give away. CBS is using 1080i display resolution and I agree GopherCrazy it's not as good as 720p for sports and other fast moving objects in a broadcast. It looks too 'soft' to my eyes.

There was a lot of missed frames last night watching the game. I blamed it on the cold weather.

Or on the director who feels it's important (after every made basket) to show the cheerleaders, one of the coaches, or a closeup of the player who made the basket.....while the ball is inbounded...and then the viewers miss the live action.

Top Bottom