Alabama boosters want Tubby

Alabama is a poor state to live in, not to mention a basketball program noone cares about. Not many people interested living down there but you could say the same for MN Why would he leave now? Tops recruits coming in, one loss this year, this state will stand behind him and his teaching as law. Hope he stays till he retires. Maturi better show him the money if he demands it.

After all the dough they're paying Nick Saban, they probably don't have enough money to pay for Tubby. No worries here.

Beats the alternative

It's pretty obvious Tubby's going to be at the top of a lot of wish-lists in a couple months. I prefer having that problem than having a coach almost nobody wants.

I think Maturi has a call into Steve Yoder's (old badger coach) office right now!

Why would Tubby leave for Bama? Here are few reasons off the top of my head.
1. Alabama+Black People=Not so good track record. I'm sure it's getting better but for someone to say there is no racism in Alabama is crazy. I sure Minnesota has a few racists too.
2. Alabama is football school. No one will play attention if he brings the team from from say .333 to .666. They will only pay attention if he wins a National Championship.
3. Bama is in the planning phase to expand there football stadium even more. (2nd deck in the north end zone if any one cares) A basketball practice facilities is surely not on the top of there list. Unlike Minnesota. (Granted Siebert Field comes first but there is a difference in a 5-10 million dollar baseball field and 100 million dollar stadium expansion.)
4. He is winning in Minnesota way at this point in his career would he want to take on a yet another rebuilding project after he took one on just a few years ago.
5. Did I mention that Alabama is a football school. If you ask some fans Nick Saben is the second coming. Just like Tom Crean in Indiana basketball, Billy G at Kentucky in basketball and Charlie Wiess at Notre Dame football(at least he was, now it is J-Claw).

Actually, if you read the comments on the board, I don't think they really do. The posters on the board watched Kentucky too close to appreciate what he's doing here. They still believe he won with Pitino recruits, and then didn't win.

Oh well...let them be.

I say it's time to be serious about the basketball practice facility. Get it on the drawing board and start planning.

Why on earth should we be concerned about building a baseball stadium for Gopher baseball, a non revenue sport that brings nothing, nada, zero, zilch to the coffers of the athletic department. It, like the bulk of the other non revenue programs, is a total drain.

And while we are at it maybe it's time Joel offered Tubby a LIFETIME extension.

Both would be a solid investment in the future of Gopher Athletics .

FOT, what makes you have NO doubt whatsoever? Just curious...I hope you are right

I say it's time to be serious about the basketball practice facility. Get it on the drawing board and start planning.

Why on earth should we be concerned about building a baseball stadium for Gopher baseball, a non revenue sport that brings nothing, nada, zero, zilch to the coffers of the athletic department. It, like the bulk of the other non revenue programs, is a total drain.

A) You need money before you get it on the drawing board.

B) The baseball program has a storied history that has and still is producing major league talent. They deserve a first-class facility which will increase attendance and be attractive for NCAA regionals.

I changed my mind, let's go with sec105....the U should just sponsor football, men's basketball and men's hockey. Problem solved.

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but technically a basketball practice facility would bring nothing revenue wise into the coffers either. In fact, at least some fans pay money to see the baseball team, which then would bring more into the coffers than a practice facility.

That said, I'm willing to have a facility in the works while the baseball stadium gets built, with the practice facility following.

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but technically a basketball practice facility would bring nothing revenue wise into the coffers either. In fact, at least some fans pay money to see the baseball team, which then would bring more into the coffers than a practice facility.

That said, I'm willing to have a facility in the works while the baseball stadium gets built, with the practice facility following.

A practice facility keeps tubby (apperantly from what I've heard) and tubby brings home the money.

Conversation(s) with those who know. Tubby will retire as a Gopher.

It's pretty nice to be able to trust in FOT. I appreciate his reliable comments. Thanks, FOT.

By the way, tell the truth now, are you excited about Minnesota basketball in the least? Or just Tubby? Is Minnesota at least your 4th favorite team?

It's pretty nice to be able to trust in FOT. I appreciate his reliable comments. Thanks, FOT.

By the way, tell the truth now, are you excited about Minnesota basketball in the least? Or just Tubby? Is Minnesota at least your 4th favorite team?

My 3 teams are Cincy (since 1958), Kentucky (since 1966), and Purdue (since 1969).

I'm very excited for Tubby, Donna, and Saul to do so well at Minnesota. I enjoy every W.

Ditto with other schools (like K-St, Ole Miss, and West Va) where friends are on coaching staffs.

My 3 teams are Cincy (since 1958), Kentucky (since 1966), and Purdue (since 1969).

I'm very excited for Tubby, Donna, and Saul to do so well at Minnesota. I enjoy every W.

Ditto with other schools (like K-St, Ole Miss, and West Va) where friends are on coaching staffs.

It's very interesting how many teams/persons you cheer for but I understand.
Thanks for your continued support and good insight to this board.

Top Bottom