Seriously guys...

mhenry41h

Reaction score
From a PSU fan, Minnesota has been them ost impressive team that we have faced yet. I don't want to throw a jinx on you or anything, but we've already played you, MSU, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Minnesota, for my money, is the best team in the league right now. I anticipate MSU winning the BT and being "the" team, but, I have little doubt that you will contest them for the BT title at this point. GREAT win last night!

Well, to be fair, that was the best game we have played all year. Shots were falling like they normally would not and the rest of the game was played mostly flawless. PSU is not too bad this year. They will upset some teams. It is too bad they get no fan support, because they could be tough at home if they did. I would think the Lions have a shot at the dance. Keep it up.

The Michigan State team that showed up in the 2nd half of our game with them is far superior to any stretch of game that we've played this year. They were unstoppable. I think they're going to be the runaway winner in the Big 10 this year.

Purdue will take 2nd in the BT, unless they beat Mich St (twice). I see us in third place at the end of the BT season...

Until we play purdue, i refuse to believe they are better than us. They have beat up a bunch of cream-puffs and their best win in probably Davidson.

I agree with Madman

I am so interested to see how me match up with Purdue. (Maybe we will see them in the Big Ten Tourny too?) They are long and lean and have a bunch of athletic guys. It will be fun to see who Tubby puts on the floor against Purdue.

Purdue

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't pick Purdue to finish 2nd. Just haven't looked like the same team this season. Still dangerous, but not the same. Boilers' next four road games will tell the story. ... Gophers, Wisconsin, Ohio State & Illinois. Generally speaking have been more impressed with Illinois (especially), Michigan, Gophers and even the Badgers, who will get another crack at the Boilers. If Michigan State beats Illinois this weekend, Sparty will run away with it.

Until we play purdue, i refuse to believe they are better than us. They have beat up a bunch of cream-puffs and their best win in probably Davidson.

MM - I agree with you. Right now we ARE last year's Purdue. At this time last year nobody thought Purdue could do what they ended up doing. They just kept on winning the tight games and their confidence grew with each victory. We have a real opportunity to make a huge move in the next 4 games:

NW on the road - tough game but we should be the favorite
Purdue back at home- I see no reason why we shouldn't hold our home court against them
Indiana on the road- we should win
Illinois back at the Barn- again a tough team but we should be winning in the Barn

If we can run the table on those (that's a lot to ask, but who cares, I'm just a fan anyways)
we go to East Lansing 8-1 battling for first place at 20-1!!! Pretty fun.

This is the Purdue that escaped against Northwestern right? And lost to Illinois at home? I'm not saying we are better, because we escaped against Iowa, but I don't think we can give them 2nd place. They seem quite inconsistent.

I don't think Purdue is going to finish second. They just dont look that good.

1) Michigan State
2) Minnesota
3) Wisconsin
4) Illinois
5) Purdue
6) Penn State
7) Ohio State
8) Michigan
9) Northwestern
10) Iowa
11) Indiana

Thats how I see it playing out right now

mnhenry- how do you figure Wisconsin who has two losses in conference and barely beat cream puffs at home in non conference will finish ahead of Illinois? I do agree with the rest of your final standing though.

I don't think Purdue is going to finish second. They just dont look that good.

1) Michigan State
2) Minnesota
3) Wisconsin
4) Illinois
5) Purdue
6) Penn State
7) Ohio State
8) Michigan
9) Northwestern
10) Iowa
11) Indiana

Thats how I see it playing out right now

I agree with Purdue not being second. Here's how I see the finish now:

1) Michigan State
2) Minnesota
3) Illinois
4) Wisconsin
5) Purdue
6) Ohio State
7) Michigan
8) Penn State
9) Northwestern
10) Iowa
11) Indiana

Any of the top 3 could finish first. Both Purdue and Ohio State could finish ahead of Wisconsin, but Wiskie's home court advantage keeps them favored. Penn State looks to be better than Michigan, but similar to Northwestern, have trouble getting it done. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 10 get 7 teams into the tourney this year. Probably won't happen, but it should.

>>I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 10 get 7 teams into the tourney this year.<<

I don't think we're that good, but the Big Ten is very balanced.

From a PSU fan, Minnesota has been them ost impressive team that we have faced yet. I don't want to throw a jinx on you or anything, but we've already played you, MSU, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Minnesota, for my money, is the best team in the league right now. I anticipate MSU winning the BT and being "the" team, but, I have little doubt that you will contest them for the BT title at this point. GREAT win last night!

I think we all greatly appreciate your comments. We're pretty excited about what's happening because everybody was expecting the turnaround to take much longer than what we are currently observing. It's a long season so hopefully this can continue.

After watching MSU vs. PSU I am very afraid of our game in Happy Valley. The game against PSU was our best of the season so it will be interesting to see the rematch.

Having watched MSU come in here and win I think MSU is a better team than the Gophers. MSU is a tough match up for us because their strength is rebounding and I don't think the Gophers are a great rebounding team. They looked more athletic at every position which made it a difficult match up for the Gophers. However, Paul Carter, one of our longer more athletic players, was just coming back from an injury and didn't play much so you never know how different line ups could have changed match ups. That being said, I'm not confident in our trip to the Breslin Center in February.

I personally think it will be MSU and then everybody else but it should be a fun ride through the Big Ten this year. Hopefully Illinois can knock off MSU today and put a little bit more suspense in the Big Ten race for everybody.

Top Bottom