155 cold and wet...

sal

Reaction score
people pulled from the Hudson will never forget the the heroics
of 1/15/09, yes...it was the day the Gophers got their first
W at the Kohl.

The pilot who safely guided the plane into the Hudson was a Purdue Alum. We are all very proud of him in Boiler Nation.

I just had to brag a little.

Well done. They should feature him on a Big Ten profile.

Those guys (and ladies) don't earn their money that often, but when they do, they REALLY do.

The pilot who safely guided the plane into the Hudson was a Purdue Alum. We are all very proud of him in Boiler Nation.

I just had to brag a little.

I hope the whole country is proud of him. It's one thing to have nerves of steel at the free throw line, another to have them with 150 lives depending on you to accomplish an incredibly difficult task.

yeah, the flight staff did a heck of a job with this!

Umm, TNGophFan, as a former Navy pilot...

...I take a slight bit of umbrage with your statement that "[pilots] don't earn their money very often." Try flying over the North Atlantic Ocean at 300 feet at night, no moon, 60 foot waves below you, 50 knots of wind in snow squalls, getting the living heck kicked out of you...that'll get your attention right quick!

Oh gosh, no offense intended MinneNoVA. I have the absolute greatest respect for our fighter pilots in the AirForce, Navy and Marines. Know what they do is incredibly difficult. Just talking about the commercial guys. Have a number of friends here that fly commercial and freight (live in a hub) and they say the same thing about the new planes flying and landing themselves.
Thanks for your service and what you did!!

Top Bottom