Congrats to markymark98 -- winner of "Predict the Score" vs Wisconsin

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
markymark98 predicted a score of 78-71, just three points off the actual 78-74 win by the Golden Gopher Basketball team. Nice job! markymark98 has his name added to the vaunted Roll of Honor and a special gift of blue cheese from the Badger Castle of Cheese and Fine Lingerie. (That's where the photo "Butch in Bra" was actually taken -- little known fact.)

Here are the top five positions:
1st Place: markymark98 - 15 pts awarded; variance of 3 points from actual score.
2nd Place: Kindofgreen - 10 pts awarded; variance of 6 points from actual score.
3rd Place: Blizzard - 7 pts awarded; variance of 8 points from actual score.
4th Place: DiehardGopher - 5 pts awarded; variance of 9 points from actual score.
5th Place: burton34 and Tubtastic - 3 pts awarded; variance of 10 points from actual score.

One Participation Point is awarded to other G'holers who correctly predicted a Gopher win but whose predictions varied by more than 10 points from the actual score. (In fact, the greatest margin was 43 points.) Receiving the one point are: Anderson8284, BarnBoy, Big Play, book, BUGuy, ChemEGopher, Dr Don, GILBball, GoBigGold, gophen golder, gopher1more, Gopher737 , Gopherholefan, HopHead, ilovethebarn, Mikie S, MNSnowman, ron456, Roy Christensen, Runext07, runningopher, SanDiegoPete, Ski U Mah, Steer53, technogopher, TubbyTime2009, TubbytownUSA and Warrior04.
Now, alas, we must say a few words about those who somehow, some way, lost their faith and wandered down the path of darkness, predicting a -- O forgive this poor servant who must report the truth -- BADger win. Please join me in extending the hand of forgiveness to those who will rejoin the fold (I am sure): GVBadger, Gopher07, skoalvikings, BayfieldGopher, TheBarn, GopherCrazy, XMan, Gopher In Qatar, gophermanic, gopherbadgerman, maliksealy, Zales04, MillionMoves, SelectionSunday, whogoofed, Charlesbenjamin, minimax, The Big L, GoGoGophers and Gold Rush. BTW, these folks get no points in the season-long competition. Nada. Zero. Bupkas. Zilch. The Big Goose Egg.

Now, alas, we must say a few words about those who somehow, some way, lost their faith and wandered down the path of darkness, predicting a -- O forgive this poor servant who must report the truth -- BADger win. Please join me in extending the hand of forgiveness to those who will rejoin the fold (I am sure): GVBadger, Gopher07, skoalvikings, BayfieldGopher, TheBarn, GopherCrazy, XMan, Gopher In Qatar, gophermanic, gopherbadgerman, maliksealy, Zales04, MillionMoves, SelectionSunday, whogoofed, Charlesbenjamin, minimax, The Big L, GoGoGophers and Gold Rush. BTW, these folks get no points in the season-long competition. Nada. Zero. Bupkas. Zilch. The Big Goose Egg.

I'll take the loss if it means the biggest Gopher win in many years, but you have to admit, that we naysayers were looking pretty good with about 4 minutes left in the game last night. It is now time to prepare to predict a narrow Gopher victory for the hangover game at NW.

BTW, this will get Dr Don hopping in frustration

... this is the first time that Marky has participated in "Predict the Score" (this year at least). I'm not sure if he ever made a projection last season when we started this -- but I just discovered this is his first projection this season.

Hello, my name is minimax and it’s been 36 hours since I last picked a road defeat for the team.

Please, grant me the serenity to accept that the Gophers are a really good team; the courage to pick them to win away games; and the wisdom to know when they will cover the spread.

Now, where are the coffee and cookies?

Not only did I predict a Badger win here, it was also my pick in the PickPerDay competition. I am deeply ashamed and I beg for forgiveness from all of you.

Predict the Score Standngs after 1/15/09

I'm out of time to reformat this for ties. If you are tied with another participant, you share the place with those who have the same number of points. The person (or group) with the next lowest score has the place shown.

1 …... 79 pts. …... Charlesbenjamin
.. 2 …... 72 pts. …... HopHead
.. 3 …... 62 pts. …... book
.. 4 …... 57 pts. …... Gold Rush
.. 5 …... 55 pts. …... Blizzard
.. 6 …... 54 pts. …... mom8pop
.. 7 …... 53 pts. …... Mikie S
.. 8 …... 50 pts. …... Anderson8284
.. 9 …... 41 pts. …... Ski U Mah Gopher
10 …... 39 pts. …... MNSnowman
11 …... 38 pts. …... Runext07
12 …... 37 pts. …... TheBarn
13 …... 36 pts. …... Gopherholefan
14 …... 33 pts. …... gopher1more
15 …... 33 pts. …... Roy Christensen
16 …... 33 pts. …... Warrior04
17 …... 33 pts. …... Whogoofed
18 …... 32 pts. …... Gopher In Qatar
19 …... 28 pts. …... gophermanic
20 …... 25 pts. …... Gopher737
21 …... 25 pts. …... SanDiegoPete
22 …... 25 pts. …... The Big L
23 …... 25 pts. …... USTGopher
24 …... 24 pts. …... ron456
25 …... 24 pts. …... Zales04
26 …... 22 pts. …... DrDon
27 …... 21 pts. …... ChemEGopher
28 …... 21 pts. …... What Up Guy
29 …... 20 pts. …... ilovethebarn
30 …... 20 pts. …... Kindofgreen
31 …... 19 pts. …... MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed
32 …... 18 pts. …... Figi
33 …... 17 pts. …... skoalvikings
34 …... 17 pts. …... XMan
35 …... 15 pts. …... bruster
36 …... 15 pts. …... Evergreenst8
37 …... 15 pts. …... markymark98
38 …... 15 pts. …... Steer53
39 …... 14 pts. …... Freshtrout
40 …... 11 pts. …... Tubtastic
41 …... 10 pts. …... runningopher
42 …... 10 pts. …... SelectionSunday
43 …... 10 pts. …... Technogopher
44 …... 10 pts. …... WadeHokenson
45 …... 9 pts. …... Boondoggle
46 …... 9 pts. …... GopherKev
47 …... 9 pts. …... GopherMike
48 …... 8 pts. …... Gopher07
49 …... 8 pts. …... gortonsfisherman011
50 …... 8 pts. …... maliksealy
51 …... 7 pts. …... GopherCrazy
52 …... 6 pts. …... Cheeseheadgophfan
53 …... 5 pts. …... Dampshoe
54 …... 5 pts. …... DiehardGopher
55 …... 5 pts. …... Gopherinphilly
56 …... 5 pts. …... Indiana Gopher
57 …... 5 pts. …... Nysparty
58 …... 5 pts. …... Wiscbearsfan17
59 …... 4 pts. …... Big Play
60 …... 4 pts. …... burton34
61 …... 4 pts. …... OSUfan
62 …... 3 pts. …... Goldengopher
63 …... 3 pts. …... rosevillegopher
64 …... 2 pts. …... AzNGoPheR
65 …... 2 pts. …... goldenfuture5
66 …... 2 pts. …... MillionMoves
67 …... 2 pts. …... stevenmgr
68 …... 2 pts. …... TubbytownUSA
69 …... 1 pt. …... 6Gophers Minnesota
70 …... 1 pt. …... BarnBoy
71 …... 1 pt. …... BUGuy
72 …... 1 pt. …... cncmin
73 …... 1 pt. …... DevOJoe5
74 …... 1 pt. …... FiveStarFan
75 …... 1 pt. …... GILBball
76 …... 1 pt. …... GoBigGold
77 …... 1 pt. …... Golden Shower
78 …... 1 pt. …... gopher7
79 …... 1 pt. …... Gopherthewin
80 …... 1 pt. …... Jeshurun
81 …... 1 pt. …... minimax
82 …... 1 pt. …... RomaGopher
83 …... 1 pt. …... SoMplsHawkI
84 …... 1 pt. …... thebarnisback
85 …... 1 pt. …... TheHofferette
86 …... 1 pt. …... TubbyTime2009
87 …... 1 pt. …... youngstowngopher
88 …... 0 pts. …... BayfieldGopher
89 …... 0 pts. …... GoGoGophers
90 …... 0 pts. …... gopherbadgerman
91 …... 0 pts. …... GVBadger
92 …... 0 pts. …... jamiche
93 …... 0 pts. …... sec105

BTW, this will get Dr Don hopping in frustration.

Actually me as well !

I've been the bridesmaid or third like four times this year !

On the bright side though since I won't pick them to lose I've done pretty well overall !

Marky may have won on his first pick of the year, the lucky turd, but he still only has 15 points. I am still picking up steam and moving onward and upward with 1 more last night to move up to 26th place with 22 points. Soon I will rock and roll with a real right pick, probably this Sunday at NW. Great job SnowMan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not missing anything ... I just missed your post. Sorry about that but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks. And to Charlesbenjamin: Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. :D

Old news

I know this is ancient history but I don't log on that often. A few points, first this is the first time I've ever put in an entry for Predict the score. (I only did it because I live in Green Bay and hate Bucky, and predicting a loss felt good) Secondly, I had originally put OT in after my score but was afraid it would mess up the data entry. I will now retire until which time I feel the glory of this has worn off. :D

Top Bottom