Who's ready for Northwestern?

jasonsmithers

Reaction score
After last night's BIG win, I am even more pumped to be going on the Barnyard Roadtrip to Northwestern this weekend. I think from what I heard there are about 150 of us going there via the Barnyard Roadtrip.

Northwestern should not be overlooked, but I'm confident in the Gophers and Tubby.

Who else is going on the Roadtrip to the Northwestern game?

After last night's BIG win, I am even more pumped to be going on the Barnyard Roadtrip to Northwestern this weekend. I think from what I heard there are about 150 of us going there via the Barnyard Roadtrip.

Northwestern should not be overlooked, but I'm confident in the Gophers and Tubby.

Who else is going on the Roadtrip to the Northwestern game?

Me.

I'll be there! Leaving in 3 hours! What are the planned pregame festivities?

Thank god this is the game we have our student trip to. This is a critical W to set the stage for purdue at home.

MAKE IT A HOME GAME!! BE LOUD!

Hopefully this game will be a repeat of Ann Arbor last year. Gopher fans become louder than the home team, and we play like we did the first 35 minutes of the Michigan game, just for the whole game this time.

I'm worried about the Northwestern game. The Wildcats are way better than their 0-4 record indicates and the Gophers could easily be over-confident. Who could blame them after that wonderful game last night?

Hopefully they learned their lesson after beating the buckeyes and then squeaking out a win at Iowa. Staying focused will be key. For those of you going to Evanston, BE LOUD!!!!!!

I'm sure the Gopher fans that are at the Northwestern game will be loud and very evident. It's not that big of an arena (more like a high school gym in my opinion) and I'm sure a lot of our fans will still be on a high from our big win last night. GO GOPHERS!

NWtrn

hopefully wildcats will be down from loss when they should have beat Purdue

gopher fans wil probably outnumber wc fans

After last night's scintillating win. ...

a hunch that a few more Gopher alumni in the Chicago area will venture out to catch the Gophers at Welsh-Ryan on Sunday. Maybe even get a few more stragglers from the Twin Cities?

Best Pizza in Chicago?

Evanston (and Lou Malnati's), here I come.

So my transportation while in Evanston will be limited since I'm going with the Barnyard Roadtrip, so I imagine my friends and I will have to take a train to Chicago. Being a BIG fan of pizza (who isn't?) I personally wanted to go check out Home Run Inn Pizzeria. I LOVE their frozen pizza and wanted to try it fresh sometime, after some research I saw Lou Malnati's was ranked in the top couple spots on a couple sites talking about Chicago Pizza.

Any idea where Lou Malnati's is in relation to Evanston and the train line that would take me from Evanston to Chicago?

So my transportation while in Evanston will be limited since I'm going with the Barnyard Roadtrip, so I imagine my friends and I will have to take a train to Chicago. Being a BIG fan of pizza (who isn't?) I personally wanted to go check out Home Run Inn Pizzeria. I LOVE their frozen pizza and wanted to try it fresh sometime, after some research I saw Lou Malnati's was ranked in the top couple spots on a couple sites talking about Chicago Pizza.

Any idea where Lou Malnati's is in relation to Evanston and the train line that would take me from Evanston to Chicago?

Look at www.metrarail.com and go to Union Pacific North line. Central Street stop is 3 blocks from campus. UP North comes into Ogilvie Station downtown.

Public Transportation to Athletic Facilities
CTA:
Ride the Purple CTA line to the Central Street train station, 2 blocks east of Ryan Field. Trains will run approximately every 7 to 10 minutes on game day. Parking is available at both the Howard and Linden Stations. CTA full fare is $1.75 one-way; CTA Park & Ride lots are $1.50 per car.

Metra:
The Central Street Metra Station is also conveniently located 2 blocks to the west of Ryan Field at 1601 Central Street. Fare varies.

FOT-
Thanks for the tips...I think our hotel is a few blocks from Mulnati's and I've heard a couple people attest to how good it is.

Any good suggestions on where to get a few drinks at a bar in Chicago area? We aren't looking for a club setting, mainly just a fun bar, maybe music, or some pool tables or darts to keep us entertained.

FOT-
Thanks for the tips...I think our hotel is a few blocks from Mulnati's and I've heard a couple people attest to how good it is.

Any good suggestions on where to get a few drinks at a bar in Chicago area? We aren't looking for a club setting, mainly just a fun bar, maybe music, or some pool tables or darts to keep us entertained.

Joe's on Weed Street. Google it.

I don't give a crap who's ready on this board, our boys better bring it on Sunday...I hope they watch the Purdue-NW game (yes, I know it is NU...I can't help myself) and realize the the Mildcats aren't so mild when the other team looks past them. we better not look past them.

It's been awhile since I've been to Northwestern, but the purple line takes you south where you have to transfer to the red line which takes you downtown.

Speaking of pizza, twice I went to a place called Carmen's right in Evanston. It was excellent!

It's been awhile since I've been to Northwestern, but the purple line takes you south where you have to transfer to the red line which takes you downtown.

Speaking of pizza, twice I went to a place called Carmen's right in Evanston. It was excellent!

Purple line goes downtown also. No transfer needed.

Top Bottom