ESPN Scouts Inc (Clipped) On Josh Oglesby

I mean, if only we had room, i wouldnt expect him to wait until or schollies get figured out in the spring to commit. I say illinois because of your scholly situation

... Reportedly down to Illinois, Minnesota and Arizona State ...

If we miss out on Oglesby simply because we're one scholarship short, will you still think it is always stupid to hold onto a scholarship for the next recruiting class?

Wow - Iowa is in trouble! This kid was supposed to be one of their top targets & they didn't make the cut.

This looks to simply be a case of bad information. Look for him on ABC next Saturday, when the last two teams to beat the Gophers in football play.

Also, the Illinois visit isn't scheduled until 10/2. Things can always transpire that change timing, but more likely than not we're not going to know where Oglesby is heading for another month.

This looks to simply be a case of bad information. Look for him on ABC next Saturday, when the last two teams to beat the Gophers in football play.

Also, the Illinois visit isn't scheduled until 10/2. Things can always transpire that change timing, but more likely than not we're not going to know where Oglesby is heading for another month.

Agreed, Oglesby is supposed to be in Iowa City on an official visit next weekend for the Iowa/Iowa St. football game. Unless something has changed of late, I still think Iowa is the favorite to land Oglesby.

Sounds like the new Hawkeye staff is expecting a pretty good group of prospects to go with Oglesby, including 2012 in-state guys Marcus Paige and Adam Woodbury.

From the link:

"Kansas, USC, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin, Texas and Memphis are following him...Reportedly down to Illinois, Minnesota and Arizona State..."

This is the only report I have read about Oglesby being down to those three schools. The guys on the premium board of the Illinois Rivals site usually have really good information, and there has been nothing over there about this. This is also the only report I have read about UW following Josh. They recruited last fall/early winter, but they have shown little (if any) interest since then. They have not been mentioned with him for some time. I have my doubts about the accuracy of ESPN's information.

And if ESPN is your bible, then you'll take what they say as the truth. The problem is, their info is often poor (or what I see of it - I don't have any insider, etc. subscription).

Often times you need to dig a little deeper to get an understanding. Heck, even my Twins tickets say 1:10 for tomorrow's first pitch, yet they won't play until 2:10.

Sometimes, though.. people get it right... such as this guy that says Marquette's uniforms are better than life itself.

And if ESPN is your bible, then you'll take what they say as the truth. The problem is, their info is often poor (or what I see of it - I don't have any insider, etc. subscription).

Often times you need to dig a little deeper to get an understanding. Heck, even my Twins tickets say 1:10 for tomorrow's first pitch, yet they won't play until 2:10.

Sometimes, though.. people get it right... such as this guy that says Marquette's uniforms are better than life itself.

Sheesh. Just posted a tidbit. Not the bible. My gawd.

From the link:

"Kansas, USC, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin, Texas and Memphis are following him...Reportedly down to Illinois, Minnesota and Arizona State..."

This is the only report I have read about Oglesby being down to those three schools. The guys on the premium board of the Illinois Rivals site usually have really good information, and there has been nothing over there about this. This is also the only report I have read about UW following Josh. They recruited last fall/early winter, but they have shown little (if any) interest since then. They have not been mentioned with him for some time. I have my doubts about the accuracy of ESPN's information.

As soon as say Rivals, you lose credibility in my view.

Sheesh. Just posted a tidbit. Not the bible. My gawd.

Just over a month ago, we had a thread titled, "Oglesby down to 4, plans to visit each":

...6-5 guard Josh Oglesby narrows his list to Arizona St, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota...

Your post wasn't a tidbit. It was an 'update' suggesting that the school that was the perceived leader by many was out of the picture. Based on a website that you didn't question. No big deal, mistakes are often made... the explanation as to why the mistake was made is sometimes what is the most troubling.

Anyway, enough of that talk. My buddy from overseas has some money he's trying to get to this country. He'll e-mail you shortly. If you can just front him $2k, you'll definitely get at least $165k within two weeks for your help.

If we miss out on Oglesby simply because we're one scholarship short, will you still think it is always stupid to hold onto a scholarship for the next recruiting class?

I know that I wasn't asked - But - Yeh!

I know that I wasn't asked - But - Yeh!

In every scenerio? So hypothetically you would rather use a scholarship on a last second desperation player who will likely never make an impact just so you can fill the roster for that year, rather than hold onto that given scholarship for the following year and use it on a likely 4-year contributor like Oglesby?

As soon as say Rivals, you lose credibility in my view.

You're not following very well. I said the guys on the premium board of their Rivals site, meaning their writers and moderators as opposed to the Rivals network in general. The Illinois guys are very plugged in to the Illini's recruiting, they absolutely know what they are talking about.

Maybe the two of you could give each other a break once in awhile? I can almost guarantee any thread I open involving recruiting ends up in an argument between FOT and GopherWarrior.

Maybe the two of you could give each other a break once in awhile? I can almost guarantee any thread I open involving recruiting ends up in an argument between FOT and GopherWarrior.

When one guy is usually wrong (FOT), but won't ever admit defeat... it get's old. GW hands him his a$$ on a regular basis.

Available scholarships? Not worried, if Josh Oglesby was the first to sign I would be please.

You're not following very well. I said the guys on the premium board of their Rivals site, meaning their writers and moderators as opposed to the Rivals network in general. The Illinois guys are very plugged in to the Illini's recruiting, they absolutely know what they are talking about.

He likes to take every opportunity he can to take shots at Rivals. Some personal issues there that have yet to be surfaced.

There is a rumor on the ASU board that Duece Bello (Scout has him as the #8 SG in the 2011 class) is a possibility for them. I have serious reservations that there is much of a chance that he would become a Sun Devil, but if he did commit to them, it would prolly greatly reduce their appeal to Oglesby.

i think illinois and minny are the frontrunners, maybe Iowa if that article is wrong.

Josh was just in Iowa City this Saturday, unofficially. He was shooting around in Carver after the Hawkeyes Shirts n Skins game.

It will be interesting what happens with Illinois. Illinois has two scholarships available for 2011, and they would like Mike Shaw for one and either Chasson Randle or Josh Oglesby for the other. Oglesby visits Oct.2 while Randle is coming for Midnight Madness on the 15th. Randle is the higher rated player and his dad is a huge Illinois fan. It will be interesting what happens if Oglesby wants to commit before Midnight Madness.

That said, I still think Oglesby goes to Iowa when all is said and done.

It will be interesting what happens with Illinois. Illinois has two scholarships available for 2011, and they would like Mike Shaw for one and either Chasson Randle or Josh Oglesby for the other. Oglesby visits Oct.2 while Randle is coming for Midnight Madness on the 15th. Randle is the higher rated player and his dad is a huge Illinois fan. It will be interesting what happens if Oglesby wants to commit before Midnight Madness.

That said, I still think Oglesby goes to Iowa when all is said and done.

Did you see the Gregg Doyel interview where he named Bruce Weber as the source of the $200K-To-Davis-For-Commitment article in the Chicago Sun Times?

I thought it was a ridiculous accusation by Doyel.

Yes, I saw that. Doyel has disliked Illinois since the acrimonious parting of his buddy Bill Self from Illinois. The funny part is that Doyel is doing the same thing that he accused the Sun Times guy of doing: saying stuff without proof. My source says that it was not Weber but another Big Ten coach to the east. Illinois was never a player for Davis, so why would Weber care? The other guy lost out to Kentucky.

I guess the argument from the other side is that, even if is was Weber, would he be wrong for turning in a cheating program/coach?

Doyel is losing all chances of being a respected national reporter. He is a little blogger/tweeter. A respected journalist would not use the personal insults that Doyel uses to describe Weber and Jay Price.

He also says that Weber can't recruit. The 2009, 2010, and 2011 classes would argue otherwise.

Yes, I saw that. Doyel has disliked Illinois since the acrimonious parting of his buddy Bill Self from Illinois. The funny part is that Doyel is doing the same thing that he accused the Sun Times guy of doing: saying stuff without proof. My source says that it was not Weber but another Big Ten coach to the east. Illinois was never a player for Davis, so why would Weber care? The other guy lost out to Kentucky.

I guess the argument from the other side is that, even if is was Weber, would he be wrong for turning in a cheating program/coach?

Doyel is losing all chances of being a respected national reporter. He is a little blogger/tweeter. A respected journalist would not use the personal insults that Doyel uses to describe Weber and Jay Price.

He also says that Weber can't recruit. The 2009, 2010, and 2011 classes would argue otherwise.

The finalists were Syracuse, Ohio St, and UK. Syracuse isn't B10 so I see who you mean.

I sent a note (about the Doyel accusations) to Coaches Weber and Price today. Coach Price sent a nice reply.

Iowa's head coach will be in Cedar Rapids for an in-home visit with Oglesby today, and then he will take his official to Iowa this weekend.

Top Bottom