ESPN new rankings

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
To go along with the new rankings they have a new recruiting setup, don't know if I like it yet but i'll manage. Tharpe drops to # 67, still considered a 4 star PG though, love to have him
Coleman drops to # 81, again still a 4 star, love to have him, and Bruce Barron climbs in the rankings at #87 now a 4 star. I'd also like to add that despite what people say about our latter recruiting class, from what i saw last night Hollins and Walker are steals, and should've been 4 star players over some of the more overrated players.

To go along with the new rankings they have a new recruiting setup, don't know if I like it yet but i'll manage. Tharpe drops to # 67, still considered a 4 star PG though, love to have him
Coleman drops to # 81, again still a 4 star, love to have him, and Bruce Barron climbs in the rankings at #87 now a 4 star. I'd also like to add that despite what people say about our latter recruiting class, from what i saw last night Hollins and Walker are steals, and should've been 4 star players over some of the more overrated players.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings here is their Top 100 list.

Not biased at all... right? Are you really bumping them up after an exhibition against a Canadian team? Do you really think Mo will have that kind of impact in the BT this year?

Not biased at all... right? Are you really bumping them up after an exhibition against a Canadian team? Do you really think Mo will have that kind of impact in the BT this year?

Walker was borderline Top 100 rated anyway. He'll have to get in MUCH better shape to play B10 but he has good post skills.

Hollins is better than he was rated. Gives the Gophers 3-pt FG threat from WF spot.

Here's to hoping Big Mo has more pull with Tharpe than he did with C Joseph! :D

Was Barron the player who played with Oto?

Yes to your ?

Thanks. So Oto is out for sure, but the NCAA elects to let Masoli (sp?) play for Ole Miss after getting booted from Oregon's team for theft. I'm not sure why I'm trying to make sense of it, but really? I understand they are completely different circumstances, but it makes me wonder if Royce is going to get a free pass too....

Um, have you not watched these games, Mo has put down 2 straight double doubles

Thanks. So Oto is out for sure, but the NCAA elects to let Masoli (sp?) play for Ole Miss after getting booted from Oregon's team for theft. I'm not sure why I'm trying to make sense of it, but really? I understand they are completely different circumstances, but it makes me wonder if Royce is going to get a free pass too....

I haven't read any OFFICIAL determination on Oto yet.

I haven't read any OFFICIAL determination on Oto yet.

Fair enough....I guess the NCAA originally told Masoli he'd have to sit out a year. Oto could probably use a year to physically prepare for the Big Ten anyways. It's just more the inconsistencies with the NCAA that frustrates me.

And your point is????

Go Gophers

If he has ever seen a Gophers game or will ever attend one, you can ask underground629 in person when you're at the Barn. He'll be easy to spot. He'll have a dark raincloud hovering over his head whereever he goes.

Wouldn't love to be arround his doom and gloom negativity on a daily basis? From where he is looking down on the world it evidently all seems pretty pathetic to him.

There's nothing really to get there... My point is that he's making judgment after watching an exhibition game against two Canadian teams. I asked him if he thinks Mo will have the same kind of impact in the BT that he's had so far. Is that hard to understand?

And your point is????

Go Gophers

Um, have you noticed who was guarding him? He's certainly been impressive so far. I'm not saying he hasn't been. I'm just pointing out that it was a little ridiculous for you to be talking about how much higher he should've been ranked just because he had two good exhibition games against Canadian teams.

Um, have you not watched these games, Mo has put down 2 straight double doubles

HILARIOUS!!! First off, my post wasn't negative like you made it sound. You've made it pretty clear with almost every post you made that you agree with everyone who says something positive and then brown nose. Your other posts are usually calling out anyone who posts something that you perceive to be negative and then you draw ridiculous conclusions while attempting to use humor. All I was saying is that it's a little unrealistic to be making those kinds of judgments after two exhibition games like those. I'm sure you've made some accurate predictions after HP games if you've been to any... Pick your battles buddy. I'm not one of the Debby Downers on here.

If he has ever seen a Gophers game or will ever attend one, you can ask underground629 in person when you're at the Barn. He'll be easy to spot. He'll have a dark raincloud hovering over his head whereever he goes.

Wouldn't love to be arround his doom and gloom negativity on a daily basis? From where he is looking down on the world it evidently all seems pretty pathetic to him.

Oh, well by that logic Colt and Ralph wouldve had double doubles too, oh wait. Give credit where credit is due

HILARIOUS!!! First off, my post wasn't negative like you made it sound. You've made it pretty clear with almost every post you made that you agree with everyone who says something positive and then brown nose. Your other posts are usually calling out anyone who posts something that you perceive to be negative and then you draw ridiculous conclusions while attempting to use humor. All I was saying is that it's a little unrealistic to be making those kinds of judgments after two exhibition games like those. I'm sure you've made some accurate predictions after HP games if you've been to any... Pick your battles buddy. I'm not one of the Debby Downers on here.

ya r what ya r

the guy produced in high school, he produced in the canadian games, he produced in prep school againist great competetion, he produced in nationals. The guy is a double double machine, shouldve been rated higher. There are guys like Plumlee that havent produced and are top 50 recruits.

the guy produced in high school, he produced in the canadian games, he produced in prep school againist great competetion, he produced in nationals. The guy is a double double machine, shouldve been rated higher. There are guys like Plumlee that havent produced and are top 50 recruits.

Yabbut how'd he do in Pulley summer league games? (j/k)

Yabbut how'd he do in Pulley summer league games? (j/k)

This is about as accurate as grading a player off two games as "underrated" because he plays for the Gophers and had two nice games against some D11 quality competition. Let's see how he performs at least in the reg season not to mention the conf schedule. Rodney looked outstanding early last year too. Just saying we don't need to play the disrespect card just yet.

This is about as accurate as grading a player off two games as "underrated" because he plays for the Gophers and had two nice games against some D11 quality competition. Let's see how he performs at least in the reg season not to mention the conf schedule. Rodney looked outstanding early last year too. Just saying we don't need to play the disrespect card just yet.

Walker played well in Canadian, international, and Prep School competition in 2008-09-10. His 2 nice games in Canada this week are NOT the point. His 3 successful years against good competition ARE the point.

MN1nAZ, isn't this where you jump in to judge Duthasmon Smith because he isn't ready to declare one of our player underrated yet?

Walker played well in Canadian, international, and Prep School competition in 2008-09-10. His 2 nice games in Canada this week are NOT the point. His 3 successful years against good competition ARE the point.

And you've seen him play how many times? Twice? The point is to consider a player underrated due to the flawed star system is ridiculous. Two stars, three stars, 4-5 the point is you can't determine whether a kid is underrated because of a couple of games. This board spends way too much time lamenting the number of stars a kid has attached to his name. I'll take a Butler run every few years with 2 star players any day.

So let's say Walker has 5 stars and move on.

And you've seen him play how many times? Twice? The point is to consider a player underrated due to the flawed star system is ridiculous. Two stars, three stars, 4-5 the point is you can't determine whether a kid is underrated because of a couple of games. This board spends way too much time lamenting the number of stars a kid has attached to his name. I'll take a Butler run every few years with 2 star players any day.

So let's say Walker has 5 stars and move on.

Not once. He has 3 years of producing good results against good competition.

THOSE 3 YEARS are more important than a few games either in Pulley or Canadian exhibitions.

THAT'S the point that keeps bouncing off.

Top Bottom