I just about puked in my mouth....

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Just watched ESPN's College Basketball wrap-up show with Fran Fraschilla and Steven Bardo...expected to finally see a lil' Gopher love. What do we get?

Bardo: "I'm still a skeptic"....weak schedule...struggled vs. Iowa....blah, blah, blah.

When the announcer states that the Gophs appear to be an NCAA team:

Fraschilla: "There's a lot of basketball left to be played...they've got some work left to do..."

I couldn't believe it. We're the #17 team in the country who just beat Bucky in Madison. Oh, BTW, these comments followed them praising UNC for a great victory at........VIRGINIA. Ugh.

Yeah.. it was weird after they labeled it the "Game of the day" to see Bardo still claim skepticism.. oh well, just more motivation to go out and win night in and night out.

saw that too. I couldnt believe my ears... Lets just take care of NU and then have an epic homecoming and ROMP purdon't

No big deal...

I could still care less what the rest of the country thinks about the Gophers. Bottom line, nothing means that much right now, although wins on the road like this are huge come selection Sunday.

They DO have work left to do, there's no doubt about that.

How fun is it watching a team that you just KNOW is getting better every single week? It may come in different ways, different players, at different times on different nights, but these guys are learning on the job.

They have to continue to win games, without question. They're not elite by any stretch, and the BT is pretty solid from top to bottom. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to hit a tough stretch at some point here, lose a few games they shouldn't.

But the great part of their depth is, they will be MUCH less susceptible to having rough nights and rough stretches of games with so many different people stepping up.

Bardo was really down on us...and he's even a Big Ten guy! Seriously, we're really getting no respect. Continue with wins like we had tonight and that should change things :)

Granted, we don't have the best schedule in the world, but our RPI is in the Top 25, we've had 3 wins against the Top 50, and just beat Wisky at Kohl. There should be more love being thrown our way...guess we'll have to earn it the hard way!

Maybe Bardo holds a grudge against us. We did beat him at the barn during Illinois famed 89 season.

I was watching also and was shocked, its pathetic. Ive really been starting to hate ESPN lately, all they do is talk about non sense, Dallas this, T.O. that, so and so said this, stupid crap. They dont talk about anything relevent.

But none of that matters, we just got a huge win in an arena that is nearly impossible to win at. The Badgers are the defending Big Ten Champs. Let the talking heads talk about N.C.'s big win over Virginia (didnt we beat them too?) and ignore us because they will be talking about us in March.

I never thought this year that through 17 games we would have a better record than UNC and all of the other teams in the Big 10. Let them talk about how we still need to do more work, we are 16-1 and have some huge momentum going to Northwestern. I'll take that any day of the week.

i hope that they keep underestimating us--right into the ncaa tourney.

i feel better being the underdog anyways.

It's not surprising. This is the same network that says 'I'm not sold on the Twins' when they have say a 7 game lead 5 months into the season. The Vikings are about the only MN team that they don't regard with skepticism as every chance.

You have to remember; the words "Gophers" and "winning" haven't always gone together, so it's going to take some time to turn people into believers. As long as the Gophers keep winning - this season and beyond - we will have plenty of believers.

Top Bottom