The "ouch" stat of the night...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
JAS played 7 minutes tonight and managed to come up with 3 TO's; along with 0 points, 0 boards, 0 assts, 0 stls.

Big JWill actually got a few minutes tonight, nice for him to see the floor.

After just about ANY other game, I'd be really concerned that the Gophers had just 7 assists but after THIS one.... WHO CARES!!

I agree, I really don't care about any of the statistics besides the W! However, JAS (God Bless Him) simply does not warrant playing time anymore. It just was not pretty and it seems like its been that way for awhile now. Also, could JWill be any less athletic? He got a power dunk thrown back in his face cleanly, and I'm debating whether or not he could have cleared the rim on that attempt too! But, who am I to question Tubby? I suppose the other options weren't clicking early on either.

He is not . . .

a division 1 talent by any means. Seems like he's been here forever and never gets any better. He, Jon Williams and Payton need to hurry up and graduate already.

a division 1 talent by any means. Seems like he's been here forever and never gets any better. He, Jon Williams and Payton need to hurry up and graduate already.

I wouldn't go that far.

Inspiration comes from unlikely places sometimes. Those bench players are equally as important as those on the floor.

JAS has represented us with class and I hope he steps and has the game of his life one of these nights.

I wouldn't go that far.

Inspiration comes from unlikely places sometimes. Those bench players are equally as important as those on the floor.

JAS has represented us with class and I hope he steps and has the game of his life one of these nights.

WRONG. You can't score or defend from the bench. JAS has class, great, it's a basketball team not the debate team.

It seems like the first time JAS touches the ball, he commits a turnover. It happened last night. I'm sure he is a good kid, but he shouldn't be getting PT.

WRONG. You can't score or defend from the bench. JAS has class, great, it's a basketball team not the debate team.

10 players averaging at least 10 minutes per game--the deepest bench in the Big Ten (if not the country). Somehow I don't mind if 2 or 3 players function as "cheerleaders" as long as the TEAM continues to have a competitive W/L record.

As for JAS and his playing time, when your team needs points you put your "shooters" in the game and hope their deficits are minimized by their points. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In light of the Gophers success this season, complaining about who is sitting on the bench is kinda stupid IMO.

In a story I read earlier this week, JAS has an uncle (and other relatives) in Gaza. With the war going on there, I'm thinking his mind may be over there at least part of the time.

He, Jon Williams and Payton need to hurry up and graduate already.

JAS has proven himself and there's a role for him on this roster.

Williams would be a fine D-II player, but he offers some needed depth here.

If playing basketball was really a priority to Payton, he would've transferred by now to a D-III or NAIA program where playing time would be possible. He's essentially a cheerleader and a warm body for practice.

Anyone who was a fan back in 05-06

... will always have a warm spot in their heart for JAS. Newbies won't ...

Welcome to the board anyway. :rolleyes:

JAS is a valuable team captain. His pt is severely diminished however.

I bet JAS has a good game against the Cats where quickness isn't as much of a factor and we need the 3-shot.

Top Bottom