Interesting Article on Rodney

Whoever wrote that article is a joke. He's right on about his athleticism (that's plain enough to see), but the other stuff it looks like he just filled in the gaps. He's just trying to be first on the bandwagon because he saw the guy jump a few times and was blown away (righly so). He questions Rodney's effort?? By all accounts Rodney is a dilligent and eager worker.

I love Rodney, the sky is the limit for him, he could be absolutely amazing. That's not my issue with the article, my issue is this misinformed d0uche is tossing around generalities based on too little information.

I thought the article seemed pretty accurate for the most part. Thanks for posting.

I hope the article is correct. But, Rodney is going to have to show me.

I be reporting from Vancouver tomorrow night. I'll let you know how he did.

Whoever wrote that article is a joke. He's right on about his athleticism (that's plain enough to see), but the other stuff it looks like he just filled in the gaps. He's just trying to be first on the bandwagon because he saw the guy jump a few times and was blown away (righly so). He questions Rodney's effort?? By all accounts Rodney is a dilligent and eager worker.

I love Rodney, the sky is the limit for him, he could be absolutely amazing. That's not my issue with the article, my issue is this misinformed d0uche is tossing around generalities based on too little information.

The guy who wrote the article refuses to publish information without seeing a player play several times first, and get background information from several other sources first. He also happens to be the same guy who was the only to write that Kevin Martin was worth a draft pick, and Rondo would be a steal amongst several other fantastic calls. I would like to see specifics in what you find wrong with the article if you're just going to call the author a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, because I'm betting his scouting report would blow yours out of the water.

I'm not gonna be hostile towards anyone, but I thought this article was really well put together. A lot of issues and concerns that many of us talked about on this board were addressed and seemed spot-on, or at least relevant to any discussion about how RW needs to improve and what is perplexing for a guy with that much athleticism (e.g. the lack of playing time). Overall, this was an excellent article with the kind of optimism about RW most of us Minnesota fans simply don't have. Thanks for the read.

I hope the article is correct. But, Rodney is going to have to show me.

I be reporting from Vancouver tomorrow night. I'll let you know how he did.

Great. Looking forward to it.

I feel like the article was fair but the ranking was not. Half of the article argued against its ranking of Rodney. I don't know how the writer can say that he has so much to improve on but that he will still be the number 1 pick from the Big Ten by the end of the season; that's too much stuff to perfect over the course of the next few months.

He wasn't implying that Rodney would be the top pick from the big 10 at year end, just that Rodney was the most intriguing long-term NBA prospect in the big 10.

If Rodney improves his shooting consistency, ability to attack off the dribble, and his core strength so he doesn't get knocked around so bad in the lane, then I agree.

On the other hand, he needs significant improvement in all 3 of those areas. The writer thinks he'll get there... I hope so too. But he was a long way away last season.

those really werent too bad of stats for his freshman year though, what were Daniel Orton's stats at UK? weren't the ppg similar?

I feel like the article was fair but the ranking was not. Half of the article argued against its ranking of Rodney. I don't know how the writer can say that he has so much to improve on but that he will still be the number 1 pick from the Big Ten by the end of the season; that's too much stuff to perfect over the course of the next few months.

Its pretty standard for a Draft Express article as they tend to pretty in-depth. You could find a similar amount of space spent on the weaknesses of players like Evan Turner and John Wall.

those really werent too bad of stats for his freshman year though, what were Daniel Orton's stats at UK? weren't the ppg similar?

But Orton is a few inches taller and was drafted for his potential as big man, not ppg as frosh.

Top Bottom