Michigan St's Korie Lucious charged

Reaction score
Tom Izzo can not be pleased...

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State guard Korie Lucious has been charged with drunken driving.

The 20-year-old Lucious was pulled over early Monday near the East Lansing campus and his blood-alcohol level was 0.09 percent, according to a police report. The legal limit in Michigan is 0.08 percent.

Michigan State coach Tom Izzo issued a statement saying he's aware of the ticket and was still gathering information.

Lucious made a game-winning, 3-point shot to lift the Spartans into the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament last season and helped them advance to the Final Four. The Milwaukee native was suspended for a game last season for missing class.

The junior is expected to be a key player this season.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Just another example that these things can happen anywhere. No reason to defend or crucify players of any team when this stuff happens. You just hope they learn from their mistakes.

Drunk driving is more than a mistake, people know not to drink and drive that's how people get killed. I'm not saying to kick Lucious off the team or suspend him for a year, but Izzo does need to suspend him for multiple games(5-10 I think is in the ballpark) and have him do some community service. The biggest think is that Lucious learns from this event and it doesn't happen again.

Drunk driving is more than a mistake, people know not to drink and drive that's how people get killed. I'm not saying to kick Lucious off the team or suspend him for a year, but Izzo does need to suspend him for multiple games(5-10 I think is in the ballpark) and have him do some community service. The biggest think is that Lucious learns from this event and it doesn't happen again.

You need to know the full story before you can pass judgment

0.09 is not rip roarin' drunk. Is he underage? [EDIT] Never mind. Yep, he's 20. Ok, 5 games sounds about right.

You need to know the full story before you can pass judgment

You are right I don't know the full story but clear facts are that Lucious blew a .09 as 20 year old. Izzo needs to gather rest of the facts(surrounding circumstances, etc) then punish him according. As I said he should be kick off the team or suspended for the year but he does need to get punished. Even if its not fair high profile college athletes(or those on high profile teams) are held to a higher standard.

Top Bottom